Pecan seeds & other organics... Floc?

Sabot

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
I have had the issue dealing with two pecan trees that are over the pool. Each opening, I deal with the pods (and their little seeds) by skimmer socks. I started to look again for a way to get at these little seeds more agressively. I saw a product called APi Revive!. I did a quick search here and saw it talked about a few times a few years ago. For the most part, it was frowned upon. Since I not dealing with a green pool, I am wondering if the product will attach and sink all the organics to the bottom so I can vaccum them up with my dolly vacuum directly to waste.

Sabot, I have a pecan tree about 15 feet from the pool and use a hairnet on the skimmer basket to keep these from going through. I have to change it frequently but don't mind that as opposed to the alternatives. What falls to the bottom is picked up by the robot in one sweep. All good.
maw

You can't use your filter when you have floc in the pool, so if you are thinking you can add this to the pool and everything will run like normal but the seeds will fall to the bottom every day, you should rethink that.

I am not using my pool equipment, I have a portable 1hp pool pump that I use when I use the old school vacuum. I discharge to the grass. Just looking for a way to improve the final cleanup before opening the pool for swimming. In the near future, I plan to add a cartridge filter to the portable setup so I don't have to discharge the water to the grass during non-floc events. Since I have never used a floc product, I was wondering if others have in a similar scenario.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.