Please help interpret pH test

I use a white background (cheap paper plate, sheet of paper) and I also only use 4 drops of reagent. Makes the colors more defined for me.

Thanks all for the great response! It's nice to know there is this forum to help, plus it made me laugh too! :D With the broad range of responses from 7.2 - 7.8, it does confirm to me that interpreting this pH test is not crystal clear. I usually do compare these tests to a white backdrop, like against the bright white trim on my house, but it still looks very similar to me regardless of back ground. Rarely do the pinkish result shades line up with any of the tester shades. Regardless, as long as the results are not too orange or too violet, then I think I'm somewhere in the safe'ish zone, which seems good enough. I was hoping for more exact testing results so it was perfect, but appears close is good enough. Thanks again. Cheers!

.. With the broad range of responses from 7.2 - 7.8, it does confirm to me that interpreting this pH test is not crystal clear...

Well, I didn't see anyone saying 7.2 or 7.8. All but one response was between 7.3-7.6 with majority around 7.4 or 7.5. You read it as a 7.5 so within 1/10 of the concensus. That's basically 1% difference.

Ignoring those who didn't know how to interpret the test correctly (ie only COLOR/HUE matters, not SATURATION or BRIGHTNESS) and it gets even closer.

So I think it shows the opposite of your conclusion! :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.