Hayward SwimPro Voyager Upper Filter Housing Lock Ring is Binding and not sealing.

Sep 10, 2017
Canton/Ohio
I am having difficulty getting the above subject item to seat and seal properly on the lower filter housing without leaking. As I turn the lock ring it will not rotate all the way clockwise to the safety locks before binding. I replaced the o ring and lubed well but still binds. I cant screw it on tight enough to engage safety latches. Is it safe to use without those latches ? Really hard to turn too...help

I had a similar problem on my XStream when I was reinstalling my cartridge filters this spring. I lubed up the o-ring with some liquid silicone to make sure the o-ring wasn't binding up. I believe my issue was the way the top and bottom ends of the cartridge fit into the filter housing. You need to make sure the filter is vertical so that the ends fit down into the filter cartridge. I couldn't keep the cartridge from tipping over until I filled the bottom half of the housing with water. This provided enough resistance for long enough that I was able to get things lined up properly and the lid lock ring was able to screw on enough.

You should not use it if you can't get the lid to screw down all the way. Something is preventing it from doing so and it is probably the cartridge not seated properly in the top or bottom of the casing.

Hi elblair, Sometimes when attempting to seal lids similar to these air pressure inside works against the lid. You might want to makes sure the air relief valve and/or even the drain cap is open as you try to seal the lid down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.