First pool, its a swamp lol and a couple questions

Yesterday I was finally able to see the bottom in the shallow end and about halfway to the deep end. The filter pressure has remained steady as well as the FC. Now I am just waiting on the filter to do its job so I can enjoy the pool. I will post some pics hopefully this weekend. I will be working the next couple days so hopefully it stays steady.

Well I came home early this morning and the swamp has been turned. I can now see the deep end and drain clearly. I was able to clear most of the small twigs and gunk that had settled around the drain yesterday and the filter is now clearing the water much quicker. I also was able to measure the depth of the pool and discovered I have beed keeping the FC about 4ppm higher than the recommended level, according to pool math I lost about 2000 gallons. It was burning it off quick enough that I wasn't able to notice until I had a really high test yesterday. I still have some cloudiness and in the photos it looks more green than it does in person. Again thank you all for the advice, I could have not done this without it. I will continue the slam until the water is more clear, but I am going to do an OCLT in the morning to see where I stand.
Friday Morning:
IMG_0869.jpg

Deep end Saturday morning:
IMG_0875.jpg

Saturday
IMG_0876.jpg

This Evening
IMG_0879.jpg

Passed the oclt today, lost .5 fc overnight (6p-9a). The water is crystal clear except when I stir the sediment at the bottom :). I have a vacuum on the way and all seems good. One question though. At what FC level can I start to get accurate pH test results?
688BB8C4-3928-4E29-A925-048D81765CCE.jpgECF4F2A0-0C27-41F1-B23F-DAA959820FF1.jpg

Once your FC is at 10 ppm or less you can reliably test pH. With a proper test kit.

Can you add the test kit you are using to your signature? Makes it much easier than either going back through your thread or asking every time.

Thank you!

So its been a couple weeks since I passed oclt and have been enjoying the pool. I have a pH that has been rising pretty quickly and I have a high TA result (TA 180) down from 210 so far. The pH rises from 7.2 to over 8 over about 3-4 days. Will reducing my TA help prevent the quick rise? And where would be a good TA level be? My fill water, city service, has a TA of 140. I also have my returns not breaking the surface and no water features. Otherwise the pool is doing great, about 2 FC loss during the day due to sun and the water feels great. A58B298C-65F4-4970-B508-5FF563D3582D.jpg