How long for salt cell to register salt?

I shut off the pump and restarted it and it would turn the flow light green again for a period of time before turning to red again.

Can you feel a difference in the flow out of your return when you start the pump and FLOW is green from when the FLOW becomes red?

Still could be a funky new flow switch.

The bubbles are the chlorine gas being generated by the SWG perfectly normal.

The cell makes chlorine gas and hydrogen gas. The chlorine gas dissolves pretty fast and you won't normally see any coming out of the returns. Hydrogen gas does not dissolve very well. The gas coming from the returns is hydrogen. The only time that you can see chlorine gas is when you have a clear cell and can see the chlorine gas and hydrogen gas being generated at the plates.

Could be infant mortality with the new switch.

You have a multimeter or continuity checker? It is easy to check if a switch is working now that you know how to remove it.

If your pump is pumping any reasonable amount of water it is enough for the flow switch.

At the risk of sounding even more like a newbie than I already have....how would I check using the multimeter? The wires all look firmly attached.

The wires going to the new flow switch can be tested for continuity using a multimeter. Set to ohms and check for resistance. With no flow, the lines should show "OL" open line. With flow, the wires should measure zero or less than 2 ohms.

You can briefly connect the wires together if you have flow to simulate a closed switch. Only do this briefly with flow.

If the flow switch is bypassed with no flow, the cell could explode from combined chlorine gas and hydrogen gas.

Don't short the flow switch without knowing for sure what you're doing. Don't leave the flow switch shorted.

I want to say thank you to all who helped out on this. You all rock!

I went back and rewired the sensor. I think it was a problem with the connectors they include, so I used some higher quality ones, and now everything is working perfectly- started up immediately and went to green light for Flow, and after a few minutes the salt registered as before. Everything is working now!

Again, thank you. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.