Bestway pool to Saltwater ?

I doubt you’ll be able to find the good kits locally.

I know I never want to be without a SWG. It makes things so easy! For example I am going out of town this weekend and will be gone a week. No worries, the timer is set for it to run daily, and I won’t come home to a green pool!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, if you decide to donate to become a TFP supporter, you’ll get a discount on tftestkits.net!

Think of a SWG like buying a car with cash vs getting a loan. You pay for the car up front with cash (SWG in this metaphor), or you pay for it little by little over several years with a loan (bleach). You don't have to keep driving to the bank to pay them though, and don't have any of the worry of dealing with that if you pay up front though.

Ok thanks again. Do you think its a big deal if get the kit but skip the speed stir? Also if i go on vacation for a week do i have someone come over and test the pool?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh nevermind you already answered my questioned about the vacation. You guys are so awesome!!! Thank you SO much!!!

Make sure you get your SWG dialed in first before vacation. In the first couple of weeks, if you see FC declining, increase the percentage. If FC is running s bit high, decrease it a little. When you go on vacation, you can increase the percentage to make yourself feel more comfortable about leaving it for a week.

Personally, I wouldn't want to test my water again without my SpeedStir. Makes it so much faster and easier. Look it up on Amazon and watch how easily people test their pools with it. Without it, you must gently shake/stir the test the entire time you're doing it, which gets old fast.

Light and Kelly have you very well covered! Thanks guys! :hug:

You can do without the speed stir if you need to but it is so much fun and makes testing faster and easier. One day I will have one :roll: LOL

Kim:kim:

You don't have a SpeedStir yet?
G0r9E.gif

Screenshot_20180523-091529.jpg
When i order the test kit does everything i need come with it or do i need any of these additionals? I am also trying to stay somewhat on a budget so i just kinda want the basic to get by. If i just get the $70 kit will that cover my needs?

With a salt pool, the salt test is a must since you have to know how much salt is in your water. The difference between the 2 versions (Taylor and TF-100 salt test) is that the Taylor salt test has .75oz bottles, and the TF-100 salt test has .5oz bottles.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can probably get by with the smaller salt test.

- - - Updated - - -

Kim, I can’t believe you don’t have a speedstir!!

Ok thanks! So I have officially ordered the Intex SWG 15,000, the Tf-100 test kit with the saltwater kit and the speedster. I am so excited!!! I still have to get the chemicals and actually level the ground- we havent set it up but i want to make sure i have everything ready. Srsly thank-you all so much for the help. Now could ya'll just come to my house and help me set it up and balance it :D I'm nervous im going to mess this up somehow lol!

Ok thanks! So I have officially ordered the Intex SWG 15,000, the Tf-100 test kit with the saltwater kit and the speedster. I am so excited!!! I still have to get the chemicals and actually level the ground- we havent set it up but i want to make sure i have everything ready. Srsly thank-you all so much for the help. Now could ya'll just come to my house and help me set it up and balance it :D I'm nervous im going to f$#k this up somehow lol!

Take care when leveling it. Make sure to dig up the grass where you're putting it and spray some weed/grass killer on that spot to prevent anything trying to grow there. The hardest part about having an above ground pool is leveling off the ground before you put it up; everything else after that is easy as pie if you read Pool School. Take it from me though, do your best to level the ground off first, before you put it up, because you don't want to skip that like I did and have to drain it, move it, then level it. Man that was a mistake I'll never make again, lol. If you're careful and get a couple friends/family members to help out, it shouldn't take too long, just be sure to stay hydrate since the temperatures are starting to get up there now that summer's right around the corner.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and congrats on ordering your SWG and TF-100 with a SpeedStir!! Trust me, you're gonna love that SpeedStir, lol. If you've got any young kids around your house, they're sure to love testing the water with you. My 2 and 4 year olds are so fascinated by the samples changing color and love to yell out to Mommy that its turned pink or yellow or whatever color it is, lol.

Ok thanks! So I have officially ordered the Intex SWG 15,000, the Tf-100 test kit with the saltwater kit and the speedster. I am so excited!!! I still have to get the chemicals and actually level the ground- we havent set it up but i want to make sure i have everything ready. Srsly thank-you all so much for the help. Now could ya'll just come to my house and help me set it up and balance it :D I'm nervous im going to mess this up somehow lol!

:party: in the jsalz house with the new toys comes in!!!

Kim:kim:

I srsly wish one of you could come to my house and hold my hand thru this lol! How much of each chemicals should i have on hand and how much pool salt should i buy? How long do you think it will take to fill the pool with the garden hose? And then i have to like wait a day or something and run the swg to dissolve the salt? And i read somewhere its best to run the swg and filter only at night? So i never turn it on when ppl are in the pool?

I srsly wish one of you could come to my house and hold my hand thru this lol! How much of each chemicals should i have on hand and how much pool salt should i buy? How long do you think it will take to fill the pool with the garden hose? And then i have to like wait a day or something and run the swg to dissolve the salt? And i read somewhere its best to run the swg and filter only at night? So i never turn it on when ppl are in the pool?

Lot of questions to go through, so easy ones first. I run my SWG and pump during the middle of the day when the sun is the most intense so during that time when the chlorine will burn off fastest, I'm generating more chlorine. Not sure if it helps any to do it then, but doesn't hurt. When we're in the pool, pump and SWG are on to keep anything in the skimmer from floating out, and the extra chlorine then prevents any FC drop from organics on your body.

With 4000 gallons give or take, depending on well or city water, I'd saying 12 hours or so to fill, if not quicker.

During fill up and for the first couple of days you'll keep your FC up using just bleach and your SWG will be off. Once salt test says you're within range for your SWG and it's been at least 24 hours after adding any salt, you can turn on your SWG.

Do you have your TF-100 yet? You can test your fill water and you'll have an idea of what you'll need for initial balancing. For instance, my well water has a pH around 4.9, so I knew I'd need Borax to initially raise my pH, and then since pH trends upwards over time, I'd need Muriatic Acid to bump my pH down over time.

You'll never need Calcium Hardness with a vinyl pool, so don't bother buying any. My CH is at 20 (with all this rain lately, might have dropped to 10 :)).

Can you add your pool info to your signature? Lemme look back a couple posts to see your pools volume and I'll tell you how many bags of salt to grab.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.