Help with automation

I need help understanding how to set up some automation on my pool. I an using the Iaqualink which has the One Touch features that include filtering, Spa, and Drain Spa. I can't figure out what the proper setup should be on the actuator that directs flow to and away from spa jets (see attached pic). My wish seems to require 3 various positions of the acutuator and if I do not leave the actuator in the closed spa return jets position, most of the water drains out over night back into the pool..

1. Spa mode, the water flow into the spa as normal
2. Regular filtering I want (or currently are doing) it to flow to spa and spills over to pool and some water is sent to the pool wall returns (is this correct?)
3. Spa drain will need to block spa jets and return all water to pool.
Pool flow.jpg

H,

I can't see the picture because it is too small for my old eyes, but the check valve right in the middle of your picture is the most likely cause for your spa to drain when the pump is off... Clean it out and/or replace the guts...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

H,

I can't see the picture because it is too small for my old eyes, but the check valve right in the middle of your picture is the most likely cause for your spa to drain when the pump is off... Clean it out and/or replace the guts...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I'd agree except I have replaced recently and if the actuator JVA is turned to block the other side- I don't get the drainage which means the check valve is working, unless I'm not understanding how that works. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.