New Pool Starting, Montgomery Texas

Yeah, I spent a great deal of time soaking the Crud out of the pool during the gunite curing phase...then I got lazy towards the end and setup the sprinkler for for 3-4 days (12 hours a day)...the ideal curing time is 28 days (and per diamond brite plaster manufacturer warranty is 28 days) but mine ended up curing for 17-18 days I believe...

DBfan187 said:
I think a few are for the suction/inlet for the waterfall pump.

I think you're right. One set is the main pump. One set is for the waterfall. The last set is for the jets on top of the island. They're supposed to be able to shoot 15-20 feet up, per my request. Now, to get them set to the music ala The Bellagio.... J/K.

Hi!
Of all the projects I have seen on this site this one must be pretty much up there. what an lovely idea to build a little island in the pool. Who's idea was that :-D
I have said it before but it's worth to repeat! Unbeliveable skills showen by all PB that build gunite pools over there.
May I ask a question.
Are gunite/shortcrete pools resistent against freezing? I have played with the thoughts in my mind to implement your way of building pools here. It's mindblowing what you can do with that material.
Can't wait to see this pool completed.
//Mats

Henry Porter said:
Hi!
Of all the projects I have seen on this site this one must be pretty much up there. what an lovely idea to build a little island in the pool. Who's idea was that :-D
I have said it before but it's worth to repeat! Unbeliveable skills showen by all PB that build gunite pools over there.
May I ask a question.
Are gunite/shortcrete pools resistent against freezing? I have played with the thoughts in my mind to implement your way of building pools here. It's mindblowing what you can do with that material.
Can't wait to see this pool completed.
//Mats

That was my idea... I originally had a lazy river around the back side of the rocks but then realized that you couldn't see it because of the waterfall.

I actually saw something similar on another Houston area pool. I did the drawing of the shape and decided on making the island just 2 inches above the waterline so all you see if flagstone. PB mentioned the jets and added them. I should have done up lights next to the jets to light them at night.

I'm ready to get the 15 tons of moss rock in. around the back wall and the waterfall.

We'll see how it turns out.

So, it's been a week or so and all I have is some trenches for plumbing. Actually the plumber is coming tomorrow. Should have wiring and plumbing by the end of the week and stone coming possibly on the weekend. Hopefully it will start coming together soon.

DSC00756.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

Tooooooo much rain!!!

We've just gotten the plumbing pipes in and covered them up and then it's rained for like 2 weeks. The builder had trouble getting rock and that slowed us down another few days. I was hoping to see some flagstone today but it's flooding rains again.... Yay.

I'm hoping we get some clearing this week so we can get some coping and waterfalls.

Then it's on to the deck (I think).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What a great looking pool. Are you building the pool yourself? Hubby and I are in the planning stages, we also have a large back yard with a 50 foot covered porch. Can not wait to see the finish product.

sharoncbrn said:
What a great looking pool. Are you building the pool yourself? Hubby and I are in the planning stages, we also have a large back yard with a 50 foot covered porch. Can not wait to see the finish product.

We hired someone and paid them $5000 to build it (over cost).

I am a home builder so I could have probably done it and I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing it but there's always next time.

I think our porch is about 54 feet from one wall to the other end. If that gives you any idea. The pool is now 55 feet at its widest and like 36 feet across (deep).

I should have pebble sheen (blue granite) any day now. They cleaned it out Saturday and it took them like 7 hours it was so freaking dirty.

Here's the decking (pre-acid wash) and the flagstone inserts. Man do I want the water!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.