Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is my slam done

1. Back To Top    #1

Is my slam done

Did the overnight cl loss test last night FC 19.5 this morning 21. If my FC went up is that considered a success?

I put CL in the pool maybe 3 hrs prior to last nights test.

Pool is clear
    cc 0.5

can you tell Iím eager to get on with lowering my TA.

thank you everyone!
    15,400 gallon IG, Pentair wisperflow pump, vinyl liner, auto cover, D. E. Filter Reem digital gas heat 266,000 BTUH input, Pentair auto chlorine/Bromine feeder10 years old TF-100, speed stir on order arriving May 1st.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is my slam done

Odd it went up. Do you have an auto chlorinator going?
    Imagine/Freedom 13x23 fiberglass inground. 11,200gal. 3/4hp pentair pump. Pentair cc200 cartridge filter. Tf-100 test kit. TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

nada 39 drops last night and 42 this morning using speed stir.
    15,400 gallon IG, Pentair wisperflow pump, vinyl liner, auto cover, D. E. Filter Reem digital gas heat 266,000 BTUH input, Pentair auto chlorine/Bromine feeder10 years old TF-100, speed stir on order arriving May 1st.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by travelcat18 View Post
    nada 39 drops last night and 42 this morning using speed stir.
    How long after the last addition of Chlorine did you test and get 39 drops?

I am assuming a testing error, or you pulled a sample before everything was completely mixed.

Are you passing the other SLAM criteria? That is, the water is 100% clear down to the bottom of the deep end, and CC is 0.5 or lower.
    Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

3 hours after I added 6 cups of CL to bring up to 20ppm, and we even played in the pool after and pump running the whole time. I assume I need to keep at 20 and rerun tonight

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by travelcat18 View Post
    3 hours after I added 6 cups of CL to bring up to 20ppm, and we even played in the pool after and pump running the whole time. I assume I need to keep at 20 and rerun tonight
    so at 5 am my reading was 21, the cover has been on all morning just took a new FC and the reading @ 12:15 PM is 20.5. I'm probably OK, but will just plan to repeat tonight.

7. Back To Top    #7

I have found its a good idea to do the OCLT 2 days in a row....just to be sure.

Since you had a higher reading, I would do 2 more OCLT. If both show no loss then call it done.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.