new pool ! new pool owner! First time tester!

Jun 12, 2017
louisiana
So I admit, our pool has been in service for roughly 9 months now and my wife has done most of the testing. We have a taylor k-2005 test kit that came with the start up. Other than normal brushing, adding salt, and muratic acid I haven't done much.

I did clean our filters for the first time this past weekend! PSI was right at 12.

My plan is to get a good test done today and start monitoring it from here.
A little info on the pool
16x32 gunnite, SWG, all Pentair (ill get more info on this equipment).

We have an automatic cleaner in the pool that is set to run twice a day. one hour in the morning, and one hour at night. The pool is set to run for 8 hours in-between that time.

How much is to much to run the cleaner? I will start bumping up the run time on the pool as we are getting into swim season!

What should I be testing for to do a good test? I have a good surplus of chemicals at home from start up, even have a few chlorine tab left from when we were waiting on the SWG to go on line.

I believe if you get an FAS-DPD FAS/DPD Chlorine CC's test test that will make your test kit a k-2006. You should get all new fresh reagents at the beginning of each season. TF-100 Refills If you have a SWCG you should get this one as well K-1766 Taylor Salt Test This is also very much worth the money SpeedStir Magnetic Stirrer

Testing:
Every day or every other day: FC/CC and pH

Once a week-ish
TA
CH
CYA
Salt
Temp

Lastly I will recommend a log of some type, electronic or old school paper like me. It is very useful to see trends to recognize potential problems and scheduling (When did I open the pool last year? What was my CH 4 months ago?)

For the cleaner I would say as needed. I put my robot in just about every time I use the pool, but I practically live in a jungle so there's ALWAYS debris in there if I don't.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.