Ic20 or ic40

When built my pool will be just shy of 12k gals. 3.6ft, 4.5ft, 6ft. I know that the swg needs to be twice the size of the pool but the pb is really pushing the ic20. Pool will be controlled by screen logics2 and will have a vs pump. Do ya'll think the ic20 is ok or should i push harder for the ic40? Pb seems to think that the flow on the ic40 will be harder to control and might be inconsistent. Pool with have 3 sheer waterfalls 1 36", 2 18" as well as a spa spill over and a tan ledge bubbler. Not really sure on how much acid i will need to add but have been looking into the intelliph and well.

Once i get everything worked out i will start a under construction post.

S,

Your pool builder does not have a clue how the Intellichlor (IC20, 40, 60) work.. They all use the same basic case and the same flow switch.. There is ZERO difference in the amount of water flow needed, no matter which one you use... Sigh!!!

Would the IC20 work.. Yes it would, but you will have to run it harder and/or longer to generate the amount of chlorine you will need in the Texas heat.. It will just use the cell up faster... I still recommend that you go with the IC40, which you will be able to run at a lower output level... The IC40 will last twice as long as the IC20..

I know you won't believe me now, but you really do not want to run your water features all the time... The newness will soon wear off, and the noise will be much louder than you originally thought.. I would hold off on the Intelliph for now, as you can always install it later.. It just adds a complexity that I don't think you will end up needing..

But, as always, it is your pool and you should do what works for you.. :p

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Since your PB does not understand how a SWCG works, you might also double check on which model VS pump he is including.. It needs to be an IntelliFlo version pump... Just make sure it does NOT have the SVRS option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.