(Video) Winter messed my above ground pool liner good.. what do I do at this point?

May 30, 2017
QC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHM1vdGJBxs

[FONT=&quot]So I guess I didn't leave enough water in the pool before winter started.. could have sworn I did though. Maybe it evaporated.. and now it looks like this. The bottom of the liner is all wrinkled and all loose.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It seems to still be attached and everything fine though.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Do I fill it up with water halfway at least for now? We're not expecting snow anymore but the weather MIGHT dip below 0 again, not sure. I don't think so though.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm from Montreal.[/FONT]

I would fill it up quick BUT do it like you are filling it for the first time............be in it and push the bottom out to the side and make it as smooth as you can. You should also fill trash bags full of water to help hold the liner in place. Use a shop vac to such the air out from behind the liner. There are many videos on how to install a liner. Use those to find how to do it quick.

Kim:kim:

Did you have it covered? If so then evaporation shouldn't have been a big factor. Did you just never look at the pool over the Winter to notice the dropping water level? You may have a small leak to fix.

That looks like a liner failure. You have to have a hole or tear somewhere.

Found the tears (plural) and the company said even the outer wall needs to be replaced because it was bent out of shape. Apparently the total repair cost is pretty much the cost of a new pool..!!!

I think I'm just going to have the pool completely removed, too much hassle for the little use I make of it.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Very frustrated. :(

I don't believe that pool company. Normally when a pool is drained there is some flexing and minor distortion of the metal wall which should correct itself when the water pressure returns after the pool is filled.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.