You had one job!

Oct 20, 2016
AZ
Plumbers miscalculated the placement of the pop up on the 3rd step. Shotcrete crew caught the error and left a notch for the plumbers to move the plumbing forward. I hope the can fix it quick so it won't delay construction! Tile finishes tomorrow and cleanup is Monday.

8e3adc82af5eb92a15b624cc75e22772.jpg

So this is what the plumber did. The horizontal portion of the pipe is below the top of the shotcrete but my fear is that the pop up head will bottom out into the elbow of the pipe when they install the heads. Does this seem right to you?
99471fb097a46433ea9fe3800ab3b6c6.jpg

Sure looks like it should be lower to my eyes...even with a 1/2"-3/4" of plaster added it doesn't leave much for the fitting - but I would need to see how the fitting sits on or in the pipe to be certain. I bet your build supervisor can show you that. I would make sure they show you exactly how it all fits and if not make them lower it a bit more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A&A magnasweep vforce. I already scoured the internet looking for install guidelines lol. Seems as long as the cap and collar sit flush in the riser, it should be ok. I have photo proof in case this gives me grief in the future.

Inspection is tomorrow and they haven’t patched the gunite yet. Will the inspector fail it, or pass with an exception that the gunite be done? I guess we shall see ...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.