Prepairing Ground Help

Caylif

Apr 4, 2018
Van Texas
I just ordered the pool in my signature. I am planning on renting a sod cutter and taking my time to level the ground properly, then applying herbicide and fungicide, next placing heavy duty garden net, then tarp, then sand, then to just make the ground softer I am using 7/8 foam sheets that I am getting from where I am working, next swimming pool pad and then pool.

The question I have is after using the sod cutter and then again after using the sand I planning on using a lawn roller to compact the soil and sand. How heavy should the roller be?

Thanks

A lawn roller isn't necessarily meant for compacting soil and sand, they are meant to flatten out high spots in a lawn. Even the heaviest of residential rollers probably do not compact as well as a hand tamper. If you really want to compact the ground I would look into renting or borrowing a plate compactor. Even the smallest model will make quick work of your area and do a much better job. I am not an expert on this, and I am sure someone with more experience may have better advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.