Pool heater wont turn on Transformer problem?

Feb 6, 2017
houston, TX
Hi there,

I am DIYing my heater install. I DIYed my pump, and SWG so I think I know what I'm doing as far as electrical and plumbing... kind of. The heater is Raypak r407a gas heater. I have everything plumbed in and I was connecting the electrics and I made one stupid mistake......my whole system is 220 and i put power into it while it was wired up as 110. All i heard was a soft humming sound coming from the center of the unit, i couldnt really pinpoint it. No lights nor the display turned on. After i fixed the mistake and wired it correctly everything was DOA. no lights nor humming. where do I start looking? I ordered a new transformer just to see if that works, $50 on amazon. circuit board next?

No idea how to get it to work BUT wanted to say I hope you paid someone to do the gas line work. Scary stuff there and could cause problems down the road if you did not have it done by a licensed person or how it should have been.

Your transformer is shot. You can check the leads coming off the transformer going to the board to see if you have 24V's or not. Most likely you will not.

No idea how to get it to work BUT wanted to say I hope you paid someone to do the gas line work. Scary stuff there and could cause problems down the road if you did not have it done by a licensed person or how it should have been.
That you for your concern. I had preexisting plumbing for gas, all I did was connect it together. Also I have a gas leak detector

Update on this.

Put in the new transformer today and still no juice. I called an electrical friend of mine he said both transformers were good and circuit board had a blown Fuse and a capacitor. He said he will solder a new one for a few pennies and we will retest.

Friend changed a Fuse and a small resistor on the board for free. Reconnected everything and turned turned on right away. No leaks no sparks Super happy. 400k BTU warmed up the pool jacuzzi in under 30 minutes! The wife owes me a massage she said that POS would never work

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.