Pentair Intelliflo Var Speed won't start up automatically in the morning

Brutie

Feb 22, 2016
Central Florida
Background:

My pump and solar heating system were working fine for many months until last week when I restarted the pump manually after it had closed down for the night. (I did this to boost my low CHL level so I thought an extra 14 hours overnight would give the salt cell extra time to increase the CHL level).

The next day found that the solartouch controller was showing a "Pump Com Lost" error message and a red status light. I managed to clear the message and the green status light came back. Initially I could not get the solar controller to actually work ie it didn't turn the valve on /off and it wasn't controlling the pump. I ran it manually for a day while I thought about it and then it just started to work as normal........except for .........

Residual Pump Start Problem:

The Intelliflow pump isn't starting in the morning. I am having to press START to get it going. When I do that everything works fine incl the solartouch which is still operating as expected.

I have had this non start pump problem in the past, when I manually switch the pump on or off (possibly olny when this is done after the shut down time ?), and I cannot recall how I fixed it ! I thought that I read in the manual somewhere that the pump must be in a certain speed when it shuts down in order for it to re start the next morning , but I cannot find this now. As the whole thing is usually entirely automatic and in my case the solar does the speed settings I am struggling to work out how I get the pump working back as normal. I know it's a simple issue but the manuals are very difficult to understand.

Any help or suggestions most welcome.

Kind regards, Brutie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.