SWG Error 120/121 but voltages all good with new SWG

Mar 18, 2018
Fort Worth/Tx
Hello all,

I have errors 120/121 showing up on my display. Challenge is that is after replacing the PLC 1400. I have checked each TP on the power board, all the DC voltages are spot on as well as the AC voltage TPs. The DC voltage reading at the Salt cell pulling the DC power cord up a little bit is 30VDC. Also replaced the port sensor (came with the SWG) as well configured it based on the firmware version. Salt level is good as well....

Everything I read about 120/121 is bad salt cell or DC voltage is low. Stumped that I have a brand new salt cell installed and all voltages on the board are correct.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Is the new cell a 1400 or a 700?

Does the cell have 2 prongs or 3?

What's the model number of the cell you received?

What's the salt level being reported by the box?

Did you do an independent salt test?

Do an amps test on the power going to the cell. You can do it in-line by disconnecting at the spade terminals or clamp on over one leg near the terminals.

Do you have a meter that will do dc amps?

Did you replace the cord?

What power supply do you have?

Unable to do an amp test

Yes replaced the cord

Have two transformers small on the right side of the box
R0466400 Aqualink Transformer Tu62132f0

The larger one is a Kenine KEA114UL-75V600-PT but I can seem to find it anywhere on line to tell what the part number is on the label it has E303805, but again nothing found on line. Aqua PWS.JPG

Thanks for the help, pretty frustrating that I can't figure this out.

Was the system working before?

Get a meter that can do dc amps and put it in-line where the power cord connects. Just disconnect one leg and put the meter inline with the wire.

Make sure that you know how to do this before doing it. The meter has to be configured correctly or it will get destroyed.

Or, use a clamp on meter over one leg to measure amps.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a picture of the power supply?

Codes 120 and 121 mean low amps. That can be from low salinity, a bad cell, a bad cord or something else.

It's getting some current. If there was no current, you would get code 123.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
James-had to get a meter to read DC AMPs. Interesting results. I read 5.5 amps with it and still error 120, note this is with the new salt cell still installed. I also decided to get a new power board, figured just in case. Installed a new power interface board (R0467600). Measured 4.24 amps (steady) and the error 120 is gone. New salt cell and new power interface board. I looked inside the old salt cell, it appears there is a component of some type that is connected to the bottom of the middle fin. That was broken off laying inside. Thanks for the help.

Ok, the board must have been misreading the amps causing it to show 120/121.

The 3 prongs connect to three plates. The center prong connects to the center plate and the other two prongs connect to the two outer plates.

The broken off piece was probably where the prong was welded to the center plate.

Good job getting this figured out and thanks for the update. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.