Best cleaner for small screened plaster pool in S. Florida

Jun 28, 2017
Delray Beach, FL
I'm looking for recommendations for a pool cleaner. As the title says I'm in S. Florida with a screen enclosure, Pebble Sheen surface. Most of the debris I get in the pool is sand and fine dirt/dust. A good bit of my pool surface area is either on the sunshelf, spa, or stairs, so the reliably cleanable area is pretty small. The pool has a dedicated suction port for a vacuum.

I've had a Hayward Navigator at a previous house/pool and was somewhat satisfied with it. The pool store is recommending a Pentair Dorado as they claim they see fewer problems with them. I'm not against a robot but I'm not sure that I need one. Either way I go, I don't plan on leaving the cleaner in full time and would need to be able to store it and the accessories in a 100g deck box.

arial.jpg

Thoughts?

Do you have any piping for a cleaner installed? If not you will be limited to using a suction side cleaner on your skimmer. I am currently using a Pentair Great White suction side cleaner. Works well for my small pool. However no cleaner will likely be able to clean the stairs, spa or zero beach on your pool.

I too live in s Florida with a screened enclosure over the pool. I have a Great White that does a fantastic job on my pebble finish. Pollen particles fall through the screening and make a mess sticking to sides and collecting on the bottom of the pool. The GW cleans it up nicely.

We have a polarias 360 and it seems to do a great job. Only use it one or twice a year as we too have a screened in pool. I use cut off legs from a panty hose inside the fine screen bag and it picks up all the fine sand. Hope this helps:cheers:

As an update, purchased a Pentair Dorado with a $100 manufacturer rebate and $75 store gift card, took it home and struggled to get it to work. It didn't seem to like my Pebble Sheen surface whatsoever. Ended up just moving slowly across the bottom, hitting the wall, and staying there. Then it would finally turn and repeat. Tried many different suction levels and it just wasn't going to work. I'm thinking the brush bristles had too much resistance on the pebble surface.

Took it back to the store and exchanged it for a Pentair Rebel (same rebate and gift card) and it's in the pool now and seems to be working fine.

Congrats on the new picker-upper. I'm glad you've got a model that is behaving better for your pool now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.