Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cya 320, water temp 48

1. Back To Top    #1

cya 320, water temp 48

as the title reads, cya 320, water temp 48. my fc was down to 14, but i took it back above 20 for now.
    of course iím planning a water change, probably tarp method.
    when is the best time? now or wait a few weeks...does it matter?

thanks
    sun-pools 12x28x4.5 fiberglass, IG, 9000 gal
    coverstar auto cover, liquid chlorine
    jandy 350lb sand filter, jandy 1hp pump
    dolphin m-400 robot
    taylor 2006c

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: cya 320, water temp 48

Mike,

I suggest that you do it now... I see no reason to wait..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

I concur with Jim. Perfect time is now. Get the CYA under control now before the water temp enables algae to start growing
    Blessings, Paul
    12K, StoneScapes Midnight Blue Mini Pebble w/abalone (July 2017 - executed bi-carb startup Refurb - Sachse, Tx), 3 shear descents on raised Austin stone beam, 2 sprayers, 2 skimmers, 4 returns, 2HP pump, STA-Rite S7M120 cartridge filter, 3/4HP Pump for Polaris 280, Circupool RJ 45+, TF-2006, K-1766, & SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

What is the tarp method? Is that something that keeps the pool full while exchanging water somehow? Please explain...
    12300 gallon IG pebble, freeform 19x28, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, no floor drains, auto fill. Pentair: EasyTouch PSL4, ScreenLogic2, Indoor Control Panel, Intelliflo 2 VST, IntelliChlor IC40, IntellipH, CCP320 Cartridge Filter, MasterTemp 250 Heater, Rebel Suction-Side Cleaner, IntelliBrite. Solar and cleaner actuators. Heliocol HC-50 8-panel solar heating. FlowVis Flow Meter. Taylor: K-2006 and K-1766 Test Kits, SpeedStir. City/softened water.

5. Back To Top    #5

yes. one puts a tarp over the pool, then adds water on top and pumps water from underneath.
    i need to do a full water change and i donít want to stress the sides of my fiberglass pool

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Wow. That is going to be one big tarp (I just checked out your pic's). Great water color! My pebble is only a few months old and already is showing large patches of mottling, getting lighter in some areas. Are you seeing any of that?

Can I ask... how did your CYA get away from you?
    12300 gallon IG pebble, freeform 19x28, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, no floor drains, auto fill. Pentair: EasyTouch PSL4, ScreenLogic2, Indoor Control Panel, Intelliflo 2 VST, IntelliChlor IC40, IntellipH, CCP320 Cartridge Filter, MasterTemp 250 Heater, Rebel Suction-Side Cleaner, IntelliBrite. Solar and cleaner actuators. Heliocol HC-50 8-panel solar heating. FlowVis Flow Meter. Taylor: K-2006 and K-1766 Test Kits, SpeedStir. City/softened water.

7. Back To Top    #7

i donít have any pics of my pool posted. havenít figured out how to do it from an iphone.
    i bought a 30x50 tarp from uline for $56+shipping.
    my cya is high because of using tabs and not having found this forum soon enough

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Oh, sorry, clicked on the wrong poster's link. Well, his pool's color is awesome!

Yes, tabs are the devil. They caused me some grief, too. Sometimes they can be used for certain situations, some here say, but I'm done with' em for good.

I, and others, I'm sure, would be very interested in hearing about, or seeing, a full exchange with the tarp method. Keep us posted on how it goes. Pictures of the process would be much appreciated, if you figure out how to post 'em.

Either way, hope it goes well...