Bonding Intex Ultra Frame - some better than none?

In the case of your house there is no real effective way to bond to the house. Don't worry about the house or foundation.

Do bond the gutter downspouts if they are metal.

Exposing the rebar in the slab will be difficult and messy. Use a diamond saw to get a clean cut and chip out between saw cuts. You will see the area you have worked on. It will be very hard if not impossible to hide the areas you cut out. So think very carefully about how it will look when you are done.

Typically there is at least 2-4 inches of concrete on all sides of the rebar so you will have to go into the slab quite a bit.

So, I’m confused. My Intex pool as plastic-sleeve-tipped, powder-coated braces inserted into powder-coated “pipes” inside vinyl sleeves that make up the upper edge of a vinyl pool. Am I really supposed to scrape away some of the powder-coating (exposing bare metal) just to attach a wire to connect two pieces of metal that are otherwise insulated from each other by the plastic sleeves/tips and powder coating??

No you don't need to bond the frame of the pool with an intex pool. With all the plastic they have for joints it's simply not practical.

The loop of wire around the pool, the water bonding fitting, heater bonded, and bond any metal ladders if you have one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.