NEW TO TFP and have a 2 month old pool!

Mar 11, 2018
League City, TX
Just had a pool built and its about 2 months old. I really should have been on here sooner so feeling behind for sure. Pool was maintained first few weeks by the builder and I went on vacation and really just now getting into what i need to do!

I can tell it is getting cloudy and was out with some friends the other night and they said have I been testing the PH everyday..... Needless to say I have not so I got on here and figured I really need to get going on everything.

My name is Chris we live in Texas outside of Houston in League City. Thanks in advance for any and all help as I learn to maintain the pool ourselves :)

Last edited:
Chris,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to find the answers to all your new pool questions... :shark:

Thanks for the great Intro and setting up your signature..

If you will start a new thread in our "Just getting Started" sub-forum, I'm, sure you will get some straight forward advice..

Also suggest that you read our Pool School, to help you understand what we are all about... See this link... Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Welcome Chris (H20Palmer). I too just join this great site. It has become an Hobby (Obsession?) to keep my pool (Completed Aug 2016) in tip top shape. Last year was my first complete year and I have to admit, I kept a nice Pool. However, after spending countless hours reading on this great site I have made a few errors. One is my CYA is high. I m starting to drain and refill this week. The Math Calculator is AWESOME on here. BTW...I m right down I 45 from you in TC. Welcome and enjoy your beautiful pool! I too am checking my signature...hope it works this time...