Post Slam questions

Sep 27, 2017
Conway, AR
I recently completed a SLAM (8 days ago). My CYA before was 55 and now it appears to be about 25-30. What would make it drop that fast?

My current parameters with a water temp of 56 degrees are :

FC-17

CC-0.0

TA-85

CH-360

pH-7.2

Obviously no swimming with these water temps but we do want to use the SPA. How low does the FC need to drop before thats ok?

What temp do you turn your SWG back on?

There is NO reason for your CYA to drop like that unless you have diluted your pool by draining and adding new water.

There is a testing error somewhere.......a SLAM has no significant affect on CYA

There is NO reason for your CYA to drop like that unless you have diluted your pool by draining and adding new water.

There is a testing error somewhere.......a SLAM has no significant affect on CYA

That was my first thought. We did have almost 15" of rain over the last 2-3 weeks requiring me to drain the pool 3 times. That is probably the reason as it did dilute everything else as well. I had concentrated on restoring Alk/Ca/FC due to the low temps. I'll get on the CYA replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.