Pics of Equipment Setup? (VS pump, DE, SWG)

Jan 2, 2018
Land O Lakes, FL
We are almost done with our owner build. All in-ground plumbing is done and passed inspection. We are in process of finding someone to help us configure/set up the equipment to get ready for our electrician. Seems like everyone we find (even big box pool companies) wants us to tell them how we want it set up! We have a pretty good idea but are not experts. Is anyone willing to share their pics with us in the meantime? At least then we’ll be more prepared to make suggestions and ask the right questions that we may not have anticipated. Our setup is going to include a VS pump, DE, Multiport Valve SWG (all Pentair). We also have deck jets and bubblers all to be automated by Easytouch system. Thanks!

Hi cjp2018, I am going to go out on a limb here but I think if you could post a pic of your plumbing and label where it goes to the pool we would have a better idea how to get you set up. You can look at other pool builds here to get ideas of what their pool pads look like. Hope this helps :cheers:

Hi cjp2018, I am going to go out on a limb here but I think if you could post a pic of your plumbing and label where it goes to the pool we would have a better idea how to get you set up. You can look at other pool builds here to get ideas of what their pool pads look like. Hope this helps :cheers:

Thanks - posting pics now.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 0C633BD7-8769-4ACA-BBF6-905B5623A4E5.jpg
    0C633BD7-8769-4ACA-BBF6-905B5623A4E5.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 8B276800-A15A-4488-84A2-31AB15BC138C.jpg
    8B276800-A15A-4488-84A2-31AB15BC138C.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 81
cjp can you post better pics. I can only see pool vac and skimmer ( pipe number 2 and 3 from the left to the right) I can see the description for number 1, 3, 4, 5, pipes.

I do not have automation however this will give you a general idea how I would plumb. Please excuse for the primitive diagram. Others with automation feel free to chime in.
dbtgallery.php

cjp,

Is your pool vac line going to be automated or manually operated?

Do you plan to use a Robot and the pool vac line is just a back up, or will the pool vac line be connected to a suction side cleaner?

Thanks,

Jim R.

cjp,

Is your pool vac line going to be automated or manually operated?

Do you plan to use a Robot and the pool vac line is just a back up, or will the pool vac line be connected to a suction side cleaner?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Using a robot. Just there as a backup.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Brentr ... looks good - showing this to hubby later today. Not around equip right now to take pic but yes we have it all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
cjp,

How do you envision your Deck Jets and Bubblers working?? Your EasyTouch can only control two valves, so you can turn on the Deck Jet and/or turn on the bubblers. The problem is that I am not sure that you can run your pool returns, and Deck Jets, and Bubblers all at the same time unless the pump is running full blast, and even then I'm not sure there will be enough flow.

Tell we how you see the pool working..

Thanks,

Jim R.

cjp,

How do you envision your Deck Jets and Bubblers working?? Your EasyTouch can only control two valves, so you can turn on the Deck Jet and/or turn on the bubblers. The problem is that I am not sure that you can run your pool returns, and Deck Jets, and Bubblers all at the same time unless the pump is running full blast, and even then I'm not sure there will be enough flow.

Tell we how you see the pool working..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Agree. FYI I have 4 water features and when I use them I turn off the returns. I like the jandy valves because I can adjust each water feature separately.

My 2 cents is about Pool Vac. Right now it's drawn on the pressure side. There's a type of cleaner called a pressure cleaner which uses a pressurized port, but they're not recommended due to their high running cost. The line is called Pool Vac, so it's probably meant to be an intake line, connected in the group with skimmer(s) and drain. Even if it was intended for a pressure cleaner, I'd switch and plumb it as a suction port. Following along cause I'm interested to learn more about the automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.