Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pics of Equipment Setup? (VS pump, DE, SWG)

1. Back To Top    #1

Pics of Equipment Setup? (VS pump, DE, SWG)

We are almost done with our owner build. All in-ground plumbing is done and passed inspection. We are in process of finding someone to help us configure/set up the equipment to get ready for our electrician. Seems like everyone we find (even big box pool companies) wants us to tell them how we want it set up! We have a pretty good idea but are not experts. Is anyone willing to share their pics with us in the meantime? At least then we’ll be more prepared to make suggestions and ask the right questions that we may not have anticipated. Our setup is going to include a VS pump, DE, Multiport Valve SWG (all Pentair). We also have deck jets and bubblers all to be automated by Easytouch system. Thanks!
    19,500 Gallon, IG, shotcrete, DE, VS pump, SWG, Easytouch 8

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pics of Equipment Setup? (VS pump, DE, SWG)

Hi cjp2018, I am going to go out on a limb here but I think if you could post a pic of your plumbing and label where it goes to the pool we would have a better idea how to get you set up. You can look at other pool builds here to get ideas of what their pool pads look like. Hope this helps
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Brentr View Post
    Hi cjp2018, I am going to go out on a limb here but I think if you could post a pic of your plumbing and label where it goes to the pool we would have a better idea how to get you set up. You can look at other pool builds here to get ideas of what their pool pads look like. Hope this helps
    Thanks - posting pics now.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Back To Top    #4

cjp can you post better pics. I can only see pool vac and skimmer ( pipe number 2 and 3 from the left to the right) I can see the description for number 1, 3, 4, 5, pipes.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

5. Back To Top    #5

I will try but from left to right in the pic it’s: Main, pool, skim, returns, deck jets, bubblers.

6. Back To Top    #6

I do not have automation however this will give you a general idea how I would plumb. Please excuse for the primitive diagram. Others with automation feel free to chime in.

7. Back To Top    #7

Do you happen to have the equipment at the house right now?

Brent, that layout looks like it the best way to go! Well done!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

cjp,

Is your pool vac line going to be automated or manually operated?

Do you plan to use a Robot and the pool vac line is just a back up, or will the pool vac line be connected to a suction side cleaner?

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    cjp,

Is your pool vac line going to be automated or manually operated?

Do you plan to use a Robot and the pool vac line is just a back up, or will the pool vac line be connected to a suction side cleaner?

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Using a robot. Just there as a backup.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Brentr ... looks good - showing this to hubby later today. Not around equip right now to take pic but yes we have it all.

10. Back To Top    #10

Since you have the equipment you can place it and see how it works here or there. Make sure to think about being able to get to it without playing twister

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

cjp,

How do you envision your Deck Jets and Bubblers working?? Your EasyTouch can only control two valves, so you can turn on the Deck Jet and/or turn on the bubblers. The problem is that I am not sure that you can run your pool returns, and Deck Jets, and Bubblers all at the same time unless the pump is running full blast, and even then I'm not sure there will be enough flow.

Tell we how you see the pool working..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    cjp,

How do you envision your Deck Jets and Bubblers working?? Your EasyTouch can only control two valves, so you can turn on the Deck Jet and/or turn on the bubblers. The problem is that I am not sure that you can run your pool returns, and Deck Jets, and Bubblers all at the same time unless the pump is running full blast, and even then I'm not sure there will be enough flow.

Tell we how you see the pool working..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Agree. FYI I have 4 water features and when I use them I turn off the returns. I like the jandy valves because I can adjust each water feature separately.

13. Back To Top    #13

My 2 cents is about Pool Vac. Right now it's drawn on the pressure side. There's a type of cleaner called a pressure cleaner which uses a pressurized port, but they're not recommended due to their high running cost. The line is called Pool Vac, so it's probably meant to be an intake line, connected in the group with skimmer(s) and drain. Even if it was intended for a pressure cleaner, I'd switch and plumb it as a suction port. Following along cause I'm interested to learn more about the automation.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Tips for New Members to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners