Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: just getting a bit antsy... SPRING IS SPRUNG!

1. Back To Top    #1

just getting a bit antsy... SPRING IS SPRUNG!

I am so ready to start doing stuff with my pool already...but we are still getting into the freezing temps at night, but daytime is in the upper 40's to mid 70's most days right now...I am thinking of just hooking up my pump/filter and letting my robot get started on the cleanup of dirt on the bottom of the pool after I give it a decent brushing to get things stirred up a bit. and then maybe start dialing in my water balance so that when i am ready to turn on the heat pump, i will be ahead of the game already...if I leave the pump/filter running at night, will that keep things from freezing? i think we would need sustained freezing temps and still water to be an issue, but don't want to risk it. thoughts?
    Windy ☆ 22ft round, 11,400 gal, intex ag vinyl, SF70110-1 Intex sand filter/2800 gph pump, CS8110 intex swg, city water, TF100 test kit/speed stirrer, over the wall intex skimmer,Hayward HP50HA Above Ground Pool Heat Pump 50K~fall river ks~SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: just getting a bit antsy... SPRING IS SPRUNG!

You go girl! Get that pool all set up!

Hard Freeze=when the temps are at or below freezing for 4 or more hours in a row. That is what you have to watch out for. So long as you have the pump running you will be fine hard freeze or higher.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks Kim! that was my thought also but wanted to hear it from someone else before I decide if I can move forward or not! LOL - we left it up and uncovered all winter and the water is still clear, just some dirt and a few leaves to clean up. figure I can do this in steps since we don't have any major projects going out there this year so far. I won't start using the heat pump until it is consistently in the 70's and 80's daily with reasonable night temps. but at least I can get it clean and into balance while I wait for that
    Windy ☆ 22ft round, 11,400 gal, intex ag vinyl, SF70110-1 Intex sand filter/2800 gph pump, CS8110 intex swg, city water, TF100 test kit/speed stirrer, over the wall intex skimmer,Hayward HP50HA Above Ground Pool Heat Pump 50K~fall river ks~SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I'm hooking mine up Sunday, no cover with high winds (60+) put a lot of junk in my pool, first time it was cloudy ever and I couldn't see the bottom.

Temps are in the teens in the morning and 60-70 in the afternoon.
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" closed for winter 2018, 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener

5. Back To Top    #5

I still have at least 2 months before I open....
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm just tired of these "temperature teases" that seem to appear and vanish.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by ta2dwonderwoman View Post
    I am so ready to start doing stuff with my pool already...but we are still getting into the freezing temps at night, but daytime is in the upper 40's to mid 70's most days right now...
    Me too. Nice sunny days are making me ansy to open. I looked back and opened on 4/19 last year, so still 5-6 weeks to go at least! the water has been, well... water for the last couple of weeks, but over the last week, the water on the cover has frozen over a few times. Unfortunately, it just too early.

8. Back To Top    #8

It has Sprung somewhat here..I have like 7 weekends to go.
    Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir,
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter,Intermatic Timer, Hardplumbed,
    Pool Rover S2-50, 2 Maytronics Solara Heating System Panels.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

It was cold today, I forgot that I wanted to redo the pump oad, and I'm changing both the HVAC and water heater in the house so the pool has taken a low priority.
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" closed for winter 2018, 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener

10. Back To Top    #10

Snowed here. Still a long way off.
    13700 gal, 32'x16'x54" AG oval, vinyl, Echo Canyon II, 8500 series, Narrow Yard, Safety Fence & Stair, Sta-Rite Crystal Flow T-210WF, 44 GPM, Hayward SP1580TL 1HP Pump, Aqua Luminator, Festiva wedding cake steps, March 2006, TFT-100, Speed-Stir, Sample Sizer. Avatar Credit: TJ Townsend

11. Back To Top    #11

Oh just about a foot or so today...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

12. Back To Top    #12

Yuck!