Small 12k pool
VSF pump
Top mount sand filter
chlorinator
one drain/one skimmer/ 3 returns
6 jets in seating area
4 deck jets
1 water feature

May add a future heater and will get a pool cleaner that’s powered by the pump.

Considerations:
1) Maximize jet pressure in seating area. My PB said he can bypass the filter. Is this a good idea?
2) Automate the deck jets. I have a 3 way actuator for a Pentair 3way valve.
3) where/how to Plumb in a water line for a pool filler to keep water level?
4) Equipment will be 10ft from pool at deck level. Do I need to consider a check valve anywhere in my system?

Any additional advice welcome and thanks in advance!

al

Last edited:
Ahyjek, have you considered how you will be chlorinating this new pool? We don't like the continual use of pucks in a chlorinator as they cause a huge problem when the stabilizer (CYA) in them builds up in your pool.

The pucks are okay for *occasional* use... such as vacations...but not daily.

We encourage folks to get a Salt Water Chlorine Generator (SWG) or stenner pump which injects liquid chlorine (bleach!) into the pool routinely. Or to just pour liquid chlorine (bleach!) in the pool daily.

More importantly we suggest a *good* test kit. No "Guess-Strips" or wimpy test kits that only measure FC up to 5ppm. Either the TF-100 or the Taylor K-2006C (gotta be the C to compare value). The TF-100 is a better value, and both kits use the same reagents. Check out: TFTestkits.net

Have you considered a robot instead of a cleaner that works off a pump? Those secondary pump cleaners are sooooo 1980s :dwarf: The robots mean you don't have to have a second pump, they use *much* less energy to run along with working a whole mess better.

Good call on the VSP! That's going to be a federal requirement in a few years I believe?

You want to make sure your builder uses 3 way Jandy valves, and leaves extra room in your equipment pad for future changes.

A water spigot near the pool is handy... can take the place of a autofil if necessary. Or just handy for solar shower or watering plants.

Make sure the skimmer is placed where it takes advantage of the normal breezes in the yard. That helps propel surface debris towards the skimmer along with the returns pointed upwards slightly.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks Maddie

Yes using a Pentair SWG
Already have my TF100 test kit
Will research the robots ��
All set on skimmer and return locations.

I still need help where in my setup do I place the 3 way valves and if I need a check valve. Is it ok to bypass the filter to maximize water pressure to the jets in sitting area?

I'm at a loss there because I don't have a spa, sorry :(

I hope someone else with one will chime in.

Hang tight, grasshopper. I'm sure someone will come along with the answer to that pretty soon <crosses fingers>

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.