Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: going to swim this weekend

1. Back To Top    #1

going to swim this weekend

Bringing water temp up from 62 to 70 today and from there to 85 by friday night . (thats my birthday #60) pool looks so good thanks TFP.MVIMG_20180228_141424.jpg

but the real reason for heating pool up is my granddaughter turns 7 sat and she said we were going to party fri till sun. :

numbers today are fc 8 cc.0 ph 7.8 ta 110 ch 250 cya 55
    Jimmie...28.5 k inground plaster/quartz, 36'x16' 8.5 deep end dive rock 7x10 tan ledge 10" deep ,build date 11/16 open 4/2017, pent intelipro variable...pent.booster/cleaner bot** named george ** pentair s8m150 cartridge.. intellibrite controler(first automation) so i can stop guessing what color lites are , rheem raypac heater, circupool rj-60 plus,16 mil solar cover, TF100 /speed stir /Taylor K-1766.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: going to swim this weekend

Enjoy.........just don't send me the gas bill!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Enjoy.........just don't send me the gas bill!
    ok but you sound like my wife does but really she wants the grand kids to swim as bad as i do .
    Jimmie...28.5 k inground plaster/quartz, 36'x16' 8.5 deep end dive rock 7x10 tan ledge 10" deep ,build date 11/16 open 4/2017, pent intelipro variable...pent.booster/cleaner bot** named george ** pentair s8m150 cartridge.. intellibrite controler(first automation) so i can stop guessing what color lites are , rheem raypac heater, circupool rj-60 plus,16 mil solar cover, TF100 /speed stir /Taylor K-1766.

4. Back To Top    #4

Enjoy! She will never forget such an event!
    40,400 inground gunnite, max depth 10-ft with 1.5 hp single speed Pentair, DE filter, well water, only one skimmer working, TAYLOR TK-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD, Chester County, PA--OLD pool, but a beauty.

5. Back To Top    #5

FUN!!

How I wish I had a heater... <sigh> So you enjoy it since you have it!!

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

If you have a solar cover, the temp will come up and stay up much faster/more economically.

Enjoy your swim!
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Sweet!
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 1 vacuum pressure port, 2 skimmers, Main drain, Jandy 2.7HP VSP, Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater, Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 Watercolors LED, iAqualink with PDA, Sheer Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ, TF-100 - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by triptyx View Post
    If you have a solar cover, the temp will come up and stay up much faster/more economically.

Enjoy your swim!
    We are still looking it what may work best . Advice? info is all ways welcome . thanks

9. Back To Top    #9

Looking good!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by wilkj1 View Post
    We are still looking it what may work best . Advice? info is all ways welcome . thanks
    Any time you're heating the pool, you're losing temperature very fast via evaporation. The solar cover is used whilest heating to keep the pool's evaporation rate down, which in turn will reduce temperature loss via evaporation, reducing the out of pocket cost of heating - and you can lose a LOT of your heat this way.

During fall/spring, and sometimes summer, in high humidity areas, the solar cover can be used at night for the same reason when you're having cooler nights but warm days to help retain the warmth the sun put into your pool during the day.

The main takeaway here is that if I'm running my pool heater, my solar cover is on the pool if I'm not using it to speed up the process of heating and save me money.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

11. Back To Top    #11

... jealous. This was a few moments ago...

14x28 unheated in-ground vinyl pool, chlorine, 3'/6' about 13k gallons. K-2006 test kit.
    Hayward single speed pump & sand filter. Merlin mesh winter cover. Dolphin Deluxe 4 robot.

12. Back To Top    #12

Yea water perfect 88deg ..... first swim this year the only thing better i think would be salt *** That is next . thanks TFP

jimmie Happy birthday to me

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by wilkj1 View Post
    Yea water perfect 88deg ..... first swim this year the only thing better i think would be salt *** That is next . thanks TFP

jimmie Happy birthday to me
    Salt does make the water feel "silky" almost. Happy Birthday, Jimmie and granddaughter! And hug that granddaughter for us! ENJOY!

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Salt does make the water feel "silky" almost. Happy Birthday, Jimmie and granddaughter! And hug that granddaughter for us! ENJOY!

Maddie
    Boy howdy spent this sat. installing circupool rj-60 *its running* yeah !. My grandson and I went for a swim today loved it . My wife and i get the pool tonight water is 92deg air temp will be 60 ish ..... we have wine tho so there you have thanks all TFP.

15. Back To Top    #15

Gotta say TWO things about the last few posts:
    1 - Look at all those badges! Thanks wilkj1 for being such a great TFP supporter!
    2 - Mteator - Love that time-lapse image!

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

16. Back To Top    #16

Texas or Pat i cant say it enough times how much help i have had here all ready . TFP = stress free for me . I would not have even tried the things i have done in the last 5 months . TFP gave me the tools and support to do it Those badges cant say how much i appreciate this site and all the people here. Besides the money i have saved its the least i could do. I just hope i can help out too.