Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Disco Lights

1. Back To Top    #1

Wink Disco Lights

ok, so the previous owners of our IG pool decided that the light was of no use or not important enough to replace if it went bad....sooooo, we have a blue plastic disc that is covering the light "hole" Rust seeps from it as you may have seen in previous pics....we found the junction but I need your opinion on how high to go....ive seen lights from 175 to 800 ?!?!?!?!!!! We both do like a good time and love disco but we also have a budget that has to do everything the pool needs to be up and running, lol
    Rob~n~Darlene, West Virginia
    Inground, 67 years old, 22K Gallon
    Stainless Steel with Concrete Bottom
    Hayward Sand Filter; Hayward Superpump; Hayward Natural Gas Heater
    Hydraulic powered Lid

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Disco Lights

When you do replace it make sure it is has a replaceable bulb so down the road you will be able to do just the bulb instead of the whole system.

Can you measure the niche? I am going to put a call into my go to guys for this kind of thing. Hold on while they get back to us.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

If you can measure the diameter and depth of the niche, we can probably recommend an affordable "party" light. Are there any labels on the inside of the niche that would indicate the make/model?

4. Back To Top    #4

20180310_143140.jpgI cant exactly measure the hole because of this blue plastic plate they put on it...the plate, however, measures about 12.5"
    Rob~n~Darlene, West Virginia
    Inground, 67 years old, 22K Gallon
    Stainless Steel with Concrete Bottom
    Hayward Sand Filter; Hayward Superpump; Hayward Natural Gas Heater
    Hydraulic powered Lid

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

The Jandy WaterColor LED light has a "Disco" mode amongst others. Check out my sigline link for a video of it in action. Looks to be about that size.
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 1 vacuum pressure port, 2 skimmers, Main drain, Jandy 2.7HP VSP, Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater, Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 Watercolors LED, iAqualink with PDA, Sheer Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ, TF-100 - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

6. Back To Top    #6

Since we're unsure of the niche model, I would recommend the Hayward Universal Colorlogic pool light. Hayward designed this light to fit virtually every pool niche. The Universal Colorlogic is only offered in 12v. You'd have to add a transformer if you don't already have one.