Too early to fight?

yubbie2

Bronze Supporter
Apr 1, 2017
Houston, TX
Welcome back from the winter hibernation, y’all :)

I left my pool mostly unattended all winter. Occasionally would add a few gallons of bleach, and had the robot cleaner going every few days for the most part. Sometime over the winter I think I developed a small hole in one of the DE filter grids, so I’ve got a mild layer of DE along the steps where the robot can’t reach. I have new grids waiting in the shed to be installed.

Tonight I I went outside to check on things, and noticed a ton of debris and pollen in the pool. I guess I forgot to reset the robot last week, so stuff has been accumulating. The power cord is slimey - maybe algae? Maybe pollen? Probably both.

My question is this - it’s only March, Texas hasn’t started warming up to swim weather yet, and probably won’t for another 2 months. Is it worth SLAMing and dealing with the junk now, or wait till it’s closer to swim season and bring everything into line then?

I just started mine a few days ago. We got a ton of rain the past three weeks so I felt it was time with clear forecast ahead. Also to take advantage of the cool weather keeping pool water cold to keep chlorine in the pool longer.

I'm in Pa and wish I could clean mine right now. If you have nice weather in Texas, take advantage of it and SLAM the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.