Recommendations for fine mesh pool net?

rcg

Feb 14, 2018
Citrus Heights, CA
Hey all --

I'm looking for a net to help clear out the super-fine debris that collects on the surface of the water in my pool. My skimmer misses it sometimes and I thought a nice fine mesh net might help keep it debris-free. The one that I have has large openings in the net, and it's terrible.

Amazon has about a million nets/rakes. Anyone have any suggestions for one that really does the trick?

Thanks in advance.

A fine net should work so long as you don’t move to fast. If you do it can sometimes find it’s way through.

Have you worked to fine tune your pool circulation so that the slimmer can do its best job possible? Sometimes by design they won’t do a full job but often by adjusting returns and suction you can improve surface flow. Ping pong balls, or in your case surface debris can highlight the water movement as you adjust returns. Do your return(s) have adjustable eyeballs?

A hair net stretched over a regular skimmer net on a pole should also do the trick. Then just toss might be easy, especially if the gunk doesn’t want to pop out of the net easily.

Just a few thoughts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.