Pool Fountain Tile options?

Carable

Bronze Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
We are putting in a sheer descent fountain, a straight, not too high simple shape with 2-3 18 inch sheer descents. We actually need the noise of a sheer descent, as we have this strange echo with our back neighbors who are far away but we can totally hear their conversations. Anyway, our thought was to finish it off with the stacked stone we used to finish off the outdoor fireplace and kitchen and top it with the same pavers as our coping. Here is the rock we are thinking of going with....

We are doing a saltwater vinyl pool, and as I’m researching, many people say using this type of rock with saltwater will lead to staining and lot of cleaning on my part. Is this true? If so, what options should I look at for longevity and ease of maintenance? TIA.

C,

It looks like the same basic stone that my waterfall wall is made of... In theory the waterfalls will fall into the pool and not dribble down the wall, but in either case I think that this is just another Saltwater pool myth...

I would think any water running over stone will eventually wear it away a little.. think Grand Canyon... :p

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.