Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: NPT Stonescape Mini Pebble HELP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation NPT Stonescape Mini Pebble HELP!

Husband and I cannot decide on a pebble color for our inground gunite pool.. it has been giving me nightmares now! Out plaster guy uses NPT Stonescape so the 2 colors my husband and I cannot decide on are the Aqua Blue mini pebble with touch of glass or the Caribbean Blue mini pebble with touch of glass. I can find plenty of photos of Aqua Blue but not a whole lot of non-stock photos of the Caribbean Blue... i want a bright, refreshing looking pool but i also want it to look somewhat natural... the Caribbean Blue has a lot of tan pebble while the Aqua Blue does not.. i know tan pebble makes green water so i am concerned with getting a swamp, green looking pool... while with aqua blue im guaranteed a blue color but maybe an unnatural "sky" "doughboy" looking blue... anyways, has anyone used Caribbean Blue mini pebble by stonescape?? Any photos of your pool you can share?? I am at my wits end... photo of our pool is below if that helps. http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps9er6hfoz.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

In-ground gunite, 3619, 2 foot and 1 foot raised natural stone wall, 3 sheer descents, 7 ft x 8ft Cabo shelf

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: NPT Stonescape Mini Pebble HELP!

I love the 1st and 3rd samples you have showing on the wall.

3. Back To Top    #3

photobucket is blocking 3rd party hosting so your pics are not showing I even tried the add on fix and it did not work.
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I like the 2nd and 3rd. It's hard to tell without water though. Are there any stock photos for the 4 choices? Love your pool by the way. The stonework looks amazing!

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

5. Back To Top    #5

Left one

34'x21' = 22,325 Gallon OB (in progress) pool. Pentair - VSF x2, 400K heater, 6 Glow brights, 2 LED Bubblers, Easy touch 8 w/Screen Logic, Blower for spa, and a 4 wheel "The Pool Cleaner"
    7x7 Spa with 12 jets and 9'x9' seating area with 6 jets. Baja Shelf with LED blowers.

6. Back To Top    #6

my vote is

13,150 gallon IG Pool, Pentair VS pump, Pentair sand filter, Pentair ICHLOR 30 SWG ( CL for now)/TF-100 test kit +speedstir, S200 Dolphin Cleaner

7. Back To Top    #7

I like the left one the best BUT what will the water look like?
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I am a fan of Aqua Blue and have used it on several pools. This is a pool I have filling right now that has Aqua Blue so you can see the color difference in and out of the water. Sorry no direct sun at the time pic was taken.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscat View Post
    I am a fan of Aqua Blue and have used it on several pools. This is a pool I have filling right now that has Aqua Blue so you can see the color difference in and out of the water. Sorry no direct sun at the time pic was taken.
    Thanks! We are having it installed today. We went with a Aqua blue but had them let up on the black pebble just a little. So kind of an in between of aqua white and aqua blue. Crossing to fingers!
    In-ground gunite, 3619, 2 foot and 1 foot raised natural stone wall, 3 sheer descents, 7 ft x 8ft Cabo shelf