Flex Pvc brands.

uxbridgechris

Bronze Supporter
Jan 25, 2018
uxbridge, Ontario Canada
I know you southern guys will blast me but most of the pool installer in Canada use flex pvc for suction and return lines. We don't have termites here and I think the freeze thaw cycle is terrible for rigid glued joints.

So my question is, Tiger flex vs the other brands I was looking at on flex pvc.com

Is there a difference in quality? Thanks.

Tigerflex is more a hose than what would be considered piping. I don't think it'll glue into regular pvc fittings.
The flexpvc that flexpvc.com sells will glue into standard schedule 40 pvc fittings. Don't go with the thinwall piping.

"I think the freeze thaw cycle is terrible for rigid glued joints"

Nobody's going to blast you but do you know for sure that this is true? There are thousands of folks just south of the border (with similar weather conditions) that have inground pools and use standard Sch 40 PVC pipe that has lasted many years. My only experience with Flex PVC is above ground where it eventually rots from UV light. Equipment manufacturers (all in one pump and filter kits) love it for its ease of use, not longevity, I'm sure!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.