Solar reel with waterfall wall?

gsrel

Aug 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Hi guys,

I'm looking into getting a solar cover for my pool however my design is somewhat akward as I have a water sheer wall up to the waters edge while the end sticks out 2' past. Has anyone come across this situation?

Perhaps a DIY idea or modifying an existing roller?

Or am I better off just removing and folding the cover manually? I want to make it as easy as possible for my wife to remove/add so she can utilize the pool while im away.

I'm able to maintain 85-90 without putting the cover on at all from aprilish through summer to octoberish. From october to april in the winter I put the cover on most of the time so the pool can store heat and be ready when I get warm days. I ran the solar to get the pool up to 93 today as the night temps will be dropping into the low 50's and some overnight lows in the 40's over the next 10 days. I'm sure when that spell is over my pool will still be at least in the mid 80's. I'd imagine anyone in this area without solar and a cover wold probably be in the low to mid 70's with solar only low to mid 80's. I don't know if any of that info is relevant in your climate but for sure covering a pool during overnight lows will cut the evaporation and temp loss considerably, that will have a cumulative effect over time especially if you have a way to heat your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.