renovation: 1999 IG pool / spa with pebble and new tile in No. CA

DONE !!!

7 days from when the draining started until the filling started.

@kimkats, you'll see the white socks on the hoses !!!

Time to re-test my tap water and start calculating startup chems.

And time clean my backup DE-grids. I'm going to start filtering with my old grids first.

DONE!!!! LOVE IT! So pretty! Looks like they did a great job! :hug: for the socks! I would love to see the inside of them they are done doing their job Will be interesting to see how much they filter out of your water.

Your TA is low! Kind of surprised with your area. Most of the time it is high...........but you know to fix it so it is all good!

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim.

I LOVE IT too. Can't wait to swim in it.

Our water is pretty low TA and calcium year round. In the spring we get snow melt run off from the Sierra Nevada and it is even lower.

30 minutes before sunset. it is starting to turn blue :punkrock:

xBYh8Mb.jpg

Thanks Kim. I am really happy with the color.

The return from the spa spills into the pool so the surface of the water always has ripples, and the floor is a nice mix of darker and lighter ripples in motion. A little green also comes in from the trees and ground cover on the rock wall.

The spa is mostly shaded, and is more of a steel or dark slate gray so the sun makes a huge difference with the color.

Here is a pic just before I started the equipment, and the color in the shade and with still water is totally different.

P2VXtn5.jpg

Time to brush again, and get busy cleaning the rest of the yard and decks up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.