New Installed AG 15' x 33" Summer Waves Metal Frame, What Chems to add first?

xnuvax

Feb 27, 2018
Laredo
Hello! Thank you for the add!

I live is South Texas, Just installed an AG Summer Wave pool for my daughters. 15' x 33", How many gallons is it? I'm not sure where to start after filling it. What Chems should I add first? How much of said Chem should I add?! AAHhhhh, I predict heavy use for it as my daughters have never had a pool this size...Any information would help, thank you.

Re: New Installed AG 15' x 33" Summer Waves Metal Frame, What Chems to add first?

Welcome to the forum!

With small pools we suggest reading Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

When you first add the water put 3 ppm FC in the water by using bleach. Plain, non scented, non splashless bleach. Use PoolMath to determine how much bleach that is.

Once you finish reading the link, come back here with any questions!

You have a volume in your signature. You can use PoolMath to check that number. See towards the bottom of the page in PoolMath.

Take care.

Re: New Installed AG 15' x 33" Summer Waves Metal Frame, What Chems to add first?

I do not as of yet. But I will be stopping by the store to purchase any necessary chems and equipment I might need. I'm currently typing this from work lol...(dont tell anyone). Thank you mknauss, I'll be sure to input the volume I've got and take a look at the Pool math.

Welcome to the forum!

You will notice by our signatures there are two test kits we recommend. One is available at tftestkits.net, the other you can get off amazon or select pool stores. The speed stir makes testing easier/quicker.

I would remind you to please read the link I posted above before buying a test kit. A Seasonal/Temporary pool does NOT need the extensive test most of us use for our larger pools. A small pool is managed more simply and when an issue arises, you simply drain the water and start over.

Now, if you would rather not drain the pool except at the end of the swim season, then you will need one of the kits most of us have.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.