Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Installed AG 15' x 33" Summer Waves Metal Frame, What Chems to add first?

1. Back To Top    #1

Wink New Installed AG 15' x 33" Summer Waves Metal Frame, What Chems to add first?

Hello! Thank you for the add!

I live is South Texas, Just installed an AG Summer Wave pool for my daughters. 15' x 33", How many gallons is it? I'm not sure where to start after filling it. What Chems should I add first? How much of said Chem should I add?! AAHhhhh, I predict heavy use for it as my daughters have never had a pool this size...Any information would help, thank you.
    Finished 2/28/2018 - Est 2,644 Gal - AG - 15' x 33" - Circular Pool - Summer Waves Provided Skimmer Plus Filter Set Up - D Size Cartridge Filter -

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Installed AG 15' x 33" Summer Waves Metal Frame, What Chems to add first?

Welcome to the forum!

With small pools we suggest reading Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

When you first add the water put 3 ppm FC in the water by using bleach. Plain, non scented, non splashless bleach. Use PoolMath to determine how much bleach that is.

Once you finish reading the link, come back here with any questions!

You have a volume in your signature. You can use PoolMath to check that number. See towards the bottom of the page in PoolMath.

Take care.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: New Installed AG 15' x 33" Summer Waves Metal Frame, What Chems to add first?

Welcome to TFP!

Do you own a pool water test kit?
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I do not as of yet. But I will be stopping by the store to purchase any necessary chems and equipment I might need. I'm currently typing this from work lol...(dont tell anyone). Thank you mknauss, I'll be sure to input the volume I've got and take a look at the Pool math.
    Finished 2/28/2018 - Est 2,644 Gal - AG - 15' x 33" - Circular Pool - Summer Waves Provided Skimmer Plus Filter Set Up - D Size Cartridge Filter -

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to the forum!

You will notice by our signatures there are two test kits we recommend. One is available at tftestkits.net, the other you can get off amazon or select pool stores. The speed stir makes testing easier/quicker.
    20'x48' 40,000 gal. Vinyl, Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST, Sta-Rite PLM300 System 2 Cartridge Filter, and a Pentair Mastertemp 250 heater all controlled by Pentair Easy Touch with Screen Logic. Dolphin Premier pool attendant.
    I've got iron stained well water. TF-100 and Speed Stir, Lamotte 3017-G for Borates

6. Back To Top    #6

I would remind you to please read the link I posted above before buying a test kit. A Seasonal/Temporary pool does NOT need the extensive test most of us use for our larger pools. A small pool is managed more simply and when an issue arises, you simply drain the water and start over.

Now, if you would rather not drain the pool except at the end of the swim season, then you will need one of the kits most of us have.

Take care.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty