Building in June : Brownsburg IN

Hey Jodie. We had our concrete done this week. The little black dots you see under the rebar are the "chairs" Kim is showing you. Just to give you an idea of how many we had.

iH5a8kV.jpg

A few more pictures. Concrete was poured last week and the cover was installed. Completed Pool School and the PB handed the pool over to me.
Having problems with the plumbing to the booster pump and Polaris Port. Plumber coming back on Monday to take a look.

New Concrete Pour
68080fc16cd70567ab7de62977e4019f.jpg

Cover Install
d5526fd25207965b9486675ec3b9224f.jpg

A few more pictures. Concrete was poured last week and the cover was installed. Completed Pool School and the PB handed the pool over to me.
Having problems with the plumbing to the booster pump and Polaris Port. Plumber coming back on Monday to take a look.

New Concrete Pour
68080fc16cd70567ab7de62977e4019f.jpg

Cover Install
d5526fd25207965b9486675ec3b9224f.jpg

Nephew couldn’t wait to get in!
194f2ce5f33c58f9c0ae8695124b2c47.jpg

Look at that smile!!!! That is what it is all about!!!!

That look awesome! How is the testing going so far? Have you been in yet?

Kim:kim:

Our chlorine is off the charts. I tried testing it yesterday. I added 100 drops and it never turned clear. Closest I got was a weak tan color. Took a sample to pool store, but they were no help as their test only went up to 15.

CL Very High
PH 7.5
CH 450
TA
CYA 75
Salt 1850

Salt Cell is turned off. Exposed pool to sun for 4 hours today bc we weren’t home to open cover. Don’t have a fence yet, lots of little kids around us. 4 of us swam today. I swam both Sat and Sun. Water temp is perfect and crystal clear!

Pool looks great! As for your chlorine are you sure you’re testing with the correct triating agent? I may or may not have freaked out on one occasion thinking my FC was off the charts after adding 60 drops with no colour change. Turns out that happens when you’re using the TA reagent [emoji15] Do you have a date for your pool fence? All those kids around me would make me nervous.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The fence is being delivered on Saturday and we are installing Mon and Tues I think. My brother in law is driving over from Ohio to help! I will rest better when the fence is up and I’m sure the neighbors will too.

I will retest chlorine again this evening and double check the reagent I use. I know the PB dosed it up really high during the build and after the concrete guys got a lot of concrete and dirt in the pool. We had to do a lot of vacuuming to get dirt and rocks out of the pool for several weeks. It was very dirty and murky.
It’s beautiful now. So the high cl worked.

Looking like a jewel! SO pretty!

Jodie keep an eye on your water with some much construction going on around you. I would have the pump come on as soon as the crews show up to work around you and keep it on for a while after they leave so help keep it clean.

Did we talk to you about skimmer socks/hair nets?

Kim:kim:

Yes, I have socks in the pool box in the garage from our old house, but they aren’t unpacked yet. Because we don’t have the fence up yet, the pool cover is on about all day. I try and leave it open for at least 4 hours to off-gas.
As soon as the fence is up I can and will leave it open longer.
The FC level is holding at 22. I really need to leave it open all day!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.