Pool Equipment Enclosure/Shed

ny2nc

Bronze Supporter
Dec 19, 2016
Raleigh, NC
We have started building an enclosure to keep our pool equipment out of the elements. Thankfully it is not in the sun much, but we want to make sure we prolong the life of the equipment as long as possible.

I wanted to share the progress/photos in case it helps someone else in the future!

Hubby and I started by a trip to the local home improvement store to get the essentials to build a frame. I'm certainly not the best builder, but we got the job done. Here are a few photos:

20180218_100316.jpg20180218_100309.jpg20180218_113157.jpg20180218_164627.jpg

We measured out a shed or "lean to" that would be large enough to accommodate a gas heater in the future. We also wanted to make sure that it would be big enough to be serviceable if parts need to be replaced or repaired in the future. This amounted to about a 10ftx5ft structure with a pitch to the roof suitable for shingles or tin. We marked the spot for the posts with spray paint and dug holes with pole diggers. We dug to about 18 inches, put in the posts, leveled and filled in with concrete. We used scrap wood to keep the posts level while they dried (you should see that in the photos) We did this about 10 days ago. After the concrete cured for the week (and we got our friend over to help us) we moved on to the next step. To be continued in next post...

Here are the next round of pics once our buddy came over to help my husband do the heavy lifting. I'm helpful....but not nearly helpful enough to put a roof on that thing! They used inexpensive boards for the underside of the roof and picked up the tin roofing from a Builders Discount Supply store. I didn't want plain galvanized, and that was all the standard Home Depot and Lowes stores carried. The next weekend we have time we will work on the sides! We are still planning that part out, so any ideas are welcome and appreciated! Only requirements are it has to be able to ventilate the equipment and be painted white like the house or stained a nice wood tone. :D20180224_155501.jpg20180225_100701.jpg20180225_100649.jpg

20180225_100654.jpg

Very nice! That is on my project list as well. I probably won't use 2x6 joists, that thing will withstand a hurricane it looks!!

Hahaha! My hubby and his buddy subscribe to the "go big or go home" strategy. Also, while I am from NY, they both have a touch of "good ol' country boy" in them...so they can't help it! :p Plus, both are engineers. :rolleyes:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.