Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Devil With Intex

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Devil With Intex

Received my Pool Devil today. Having some difficulty figuring out the attachment to the return.

Here's the fitting I have on the pool.

Can't figure out how to get the nut off that holds the ball valve. Tried putting a pump plier on it but didn't want to turn too hard. It didn't budge.

Thanks in advance.
    14,000 gallon vinyl Intex 32'x16'x52" above ground SWG system in Miami
    Installed 10/2017

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Devil With Intex

I am not sure. I tried doing a search in the white box at the top and got quite a few hits. I just did not have the tie to wade through them You can give it a try though. See if any have the answer.
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Get a mixing bowl, fill with water and put a wooden spoon or something in it, microwave till good and hot, move the spoon before moving the bowl. Soak the plastic part in bowl until good and hot, try turning again.
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" closed for winter 2018, 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener

4. Back To Top    #4

There is a adapter for it from Pool Devil. For the intex pools, it comes in 3" and 4" sizes. Check out their website for it. I got one couple years ago, and they shipped me on within 3 days of calling them. Great customer service.

Pooldevil Pro: The Ultimate Pool Surface Cleaner
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Kansas, No yellow brick Road, But we have a SPARKLY BLUE POOL!

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelB View Post
    There is a adapter for it from Pool Devil. For the intex pools, it comes in 3" and 4" sizes. Check out their website for it. I got one couple years ago, and they shipped me on within 3 days of calling them. Great customer service.

Pooldevil Pro: The Ultimate Pool Surface Cleaner

I concur! Excellent customer service! We love ours!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMiami View Post
    Received my Pool Devil today. Having some difficulty figuring out the attachment to the return.

Here's the fitting I have on the pool.

Can't figure out how to get the nut off that holds the ball valve. Tried putting a pump plier on it but didn't want to turn too hard. It didn't budge.

Thanks in advance.
    I'll get a picture of ours, that is the cover for the aerator, you will remove that AND the aerator insert, to use the pooldevil elbow attachment fitting
    Pool Devil Secure Online Store: Search
    Quick Links for TFP Info: Pool Water Chemistry ~ PoolMath ~ FC/CYA Chart ~ SLAM
    Ours: AGP 2500gal 15' x 33" (@24") w/Intex 0.5hp(2100GPH) Pump & 12" Sand Filter w/Hydrotools Skimmer
    Test Kits = Speedstir + Drops 5-way + FAS-DPD + CYA
    I support TFP Forums ♥ Has the info saved you $? You can support too!