Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Index pure spa rubber piece

1. Back To Top    #1

Index pure spa rubber piece

Hey everyone, I have an intex pure spa that's leaking. I've narrowed it down to this U shaped gasket. Is there any way to purchase a new one or should I just use silicon sealant to stop the leak? I've contacted intex who told me I'd have to buy a whole new control base. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Index pure spa rubber piece

If anyone would have it or know about it would be http://www.inyopool..com it is worth a try.
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Are you sure it's that seal that's leaking? Seems odd for a rubber seal to leak without being touched. I'd carefully check the plastic on both sides of the seal for tiny cracks. If not cracked you could probably carefully use RTV gasket maker to seal it up.

The picture doesn't give much context for where that seal is. Is it on the heater? The pump? You may not be able to get a new seal but you could probably buy a sub-assembly at least. Intex lists many different heater and pump assemblies on their website.
    Hot tub: Indoor Intex 28409E "Six Person" inflatable. 290 gallons. Taylor K-2006 test kit with Taylor 9265 Speedstir and TFT CYA test. Using dichlor/bleach/borax/muriatic acid.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jseyfert3 View Post
    Are you sure it's that seal that's leaking? Seems odd for a rubber seal to leak without being touched. I'd carefully check the plastic on both sides of the seal for tiny cracks. If not cracked you could probably carefully use RTV gasket maker to seal it up.

The picture doesn't give much context for where that seal is. Is it on the heater? The pump? You may not be able to get a new seal but you could probably buy a sub-assembly at least. Intex lists many different heater and pump assemblies on their website.
    I couldn't find any cracks anywhere. I took the picture before I disassembled it. I think this is the heater. I figured that if this doesn't work I'll replace this part with whatever comparable in their site. Either way it's cheaper than buying a whole new control base.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey got, were you able to fix this? I have the same problem. Leaking out of the side, near the screws, with no noticeable cracks. Appreciate the help.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by hocman26 View Post
    Hey got, were you able to fix this? I have the same problem. Leaking out of the side, near the screws, with no noticeable cracks. Appreciate the help.
    I wasn't. I used sealant but it still leaked. Then my motor went up so I just need to replace the whole unit