Crowley la
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Salt & Swim 3C
I have been looking for an above ground pool online for the summer. I like craigslist and found a used pool locally, I am interested in it, but also have some concerns. The person selling it claims it is 2 years old, he does not have the installation instructions since a local pool company installed it for him. He doesn't remember what brand the pool is, but claims it comes with a Doughboy filter and pump. I called the company and asked they sell Trevi and Doughboy AGP's. If I buy it I may just buy a new liner for it and scrap the old liner instead of trying to clean it. I looked at Doughboy Pools, does this look like an older Doughboy Pool or Trevi Pool? Am I crazy for thinking about buying this?

Thanks Ryan

Screenshot_20180221-173203.jpgScreenshot_20180221-173313.jpg

Hello and Welcome to TFP!

That wall looks familiar, but I can’t place the name. INYO Pools has a very extensive list of pool manufacturers & models. But not necessarily actual pictures. They can be very helpful if you call and/or send them a pic of the wall. It is also very useful if you know the materials of construction. Metal vs resin tops, rails, supports.
Most above ground pools have very similar set up steps. You should be able to easily follow the instructions by watching a couple of videos online. The particulars of how the top caps and rails are settled may vary slightly from pool to pool. Most set up instructions can be found online if you happen to find the manufacturer and model.

I would recommend getting a new liner if you purchase a used pool. They are relatively inexpensive and you will know that there’s no defects in it. That way you don’t have to be extremely careful when you disassemble. Also when you reassemble the pool you won’t have to worry about matching up the skimmer/return cut outs. You can pick your pattern and know that you have a pretty, new liner to start off fresh.

Hopefully somebody else will come along that will recognize that wall pattern.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it, I didn't think about the skimmer.

Hello and Welcome to TFP!

That wall looks familiar, but I can’t place the name. INYO Pools has a very extensive list of pool manufacturers & models. But not necessarily actual pictures. They can be very helpful if you call and/or send them a pic of the wall. It is also very useful if you know the materials of construction. Metal vs resin tops, rails, supports.
Most above ground pools have very similar set up steps. You should be able to easily follow the instructions by watching a couple of videos online. The particulars of how the top caps and rails are settled may vary slightly from pool to pool. Most set up instructions can be found online if you happen to find the manufacturer and model.

I would recommend getting a new liner if you purchase a used pool. They are relatively inexpensive and you will know that there’s no defects in it. That way you don’t have to be extremely careful when you disassemble. Also when you reassemble the pool you won’t have to worry about matching up the skimmer/return cut outs. You can pick your pattern and know that you have a pretty, new liner to start off fresh.

Hopefully somebody else will come along that will recognize that wall pattern.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.