Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quality cartridges for the Hayward C4030 Filtering System recommendaitons

1. Back To Top    #1

Quality cartridges for the Hayward C4030 Filtering System recommendaitons

Hello to all,

My 4 cartridges are a little over 3 yrs old and are spitting at the tops. I did some research that JB Weld has a product that can be used for water [submersible] applications. Has anyone gone this route or other before that has proven successful? I have the Hayward C4030 filter.

Either way, I do need to buy another set of 4, so looking for a vendor you have used that produces/sells high quality cartridges that you have used for years and does the same job as OEM?

Thank you very much,
    tstex
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward H400FD 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quality cartridges for the Hayward C4030 Filtering System recommendaitons

I seem to gravitate towards my very close friend - Amazon Prime. I get Pleatco cartridge replacements that are of good quality and last me quite a good while. Close to 50% cheaper than purchasing locally at a pool store.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Pat. Are these the ones:

https://www.amazon.com/Pleatco-PA106.../dp/B06Y2KL62K

I believe the C4025 and C4030 are interchangeable.

Also, if a cartridge has been used, then sits out for 6 months [in garage out of the elements], can it be used again or does it fall apart if not in water? I was thinking of just plug n play and clean when you can get to it...thanks
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward H400FD 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

I'll second that and I'd find your model, leave it in your cart and watch the price change.

I saw my pleatco's drop to $35 apiece for a 2 pack which was less than a quarter of pool store regular price for 1. Currently mine are $47 a piece for 2 pack. Sometimes the deal is on 2 pack, 4 pack, maybe even single...
    -Tim-
    Pool: 86 gunite/plaster screened IG 12K 14' X 29', Hayward 120 sq ft cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST, Hayward SwimPure 40K SWCG, Hayward Poolvergnuegen autovac,
    Heat: 280 sq ft Ultrasun solar Panels, Pentair Solartouch Ctrl, (solar cover and reel)
    Tests: Taylor K-2006C & K-1766 w/ speedstir

5. Back To Top    #5

Also, if a cartridge has been used, then sits out for 6 months [in garage out of the elements], can it be used again or does it fall apart if not in water? I was thinking of just plug n play and clean when you can get to it...thanks
    Looks like you found some good replacements. I have a spare cartridge I keep for emergencies and it's doing fine.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

when you buy 4 new replacements, I/m sure they at least come in a box, but are they wrapped/sealed in plastic or something else? I could plug in the new ones, clean the old ones, let them dry, then "shrink wrap" the best I can and rotate the 4 cartridges. Except for the tops splitting some, the rest of the cartridge is in good shape. I'm hope the water-app JB Weld can do its trick...if so, I'll clean them and be good to go. thanks, tstex

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by tstex View Post
    if a cartridge has been used, then sits out for 6 months [in garage out of the elements], can it be used again or does it fall apart if not in water?
    Yes, you can use it again. Just clean it before you let it dry out.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak (Rheem, Rudd), Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks PC - Yes, I do plan on cleaning them prior to letting them dry...appreciate the follow-up. tstex