Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Losing Water in Spa when Pool not Running

1. Back To Top    #1

Losing Water in Spa when Pool not Running

I have a spa that over flows into the pool when the pump is running. When the pump is not running, the water level in the spa slowly bleeds down. Maybe 3" over night. When I use the spa the water level doesn't leak down. I think that is because of the electric valves move to close off the pool. Do I need a new check valve?

Thanks for your help,
    Dave
    25K gallon inground pool, diamond brite plaster with spa overflow. Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520 cartridge filter, Pentair Master Temp 400K gas heater, Pentair 2.0 HP Whisperflow Pump, 4' clear descent water fall, Pentair 1.5 HP whisperflow pump for water fall and bubblers. Pentair Water pool and spa automation control panel with remote. TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Losing Water in Spa when Pool not Running

Dave,

Most times when a spa leaks down when the pump is off, the check valve is the cause..

Depending on the type of check valve you have, you can just clean it out, or rebuild it. If one of the cheap PVC ones, your only option is to replace it.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Losing Water in Spa when Pool not Running

It has a sight glass with screws all the way around it. I'll open it up and see if anything is keeping it from closing. Thanks for the quick reply Jim.
    25K gallon inground pool, diamond brite plaster with spa overflow. Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520 cartridge filter, Pentair Master Temp 400K gas heater, Pentair 2.0 HP Whisperflow Pump, 4' clear descent water fall, Pentair 1.5 HP whisperflow pump for water fall and bubblers. Pentair Water pool and spa automation control panel with remote. TF-100 test kit.