Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do I Need a Booster Pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do I Need a Booster Pump?

My booster pump was making horrible noises so rerouted the water to bypass it and disconnected it from the power. My sweeper hasn't worked in awhile anyway so I figured it isn't doing anything so I should be able to disconnect it and be fine. My question is, does a booster pump serve any purpose beyond powering my sweeper? I have a pretty new pump for the pool ~2 years but I want to cut the booster pump out entirely. The pool seems to work the same as before, my only concern is blowing out my big pump if the booster pump was actually serving a purpose and now the main pump has to work extra hard.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do I Need a Booster Pump?

Welcome to the forum!

The booster pump is only for your pressure side cleaner. So if you are not using it, no need for the booster pump!

Can you add what state, province, country that 'ROWLETT' is in?

Also a signature helps us help you - see Pool School - Getting Started

Take care.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Do I Need a Booster Pump?

Consider buying a robot, and tossing the booster pump and sweeper on Craigslist.
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" closed for winter 2018, 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener