Waterline Tile Question

Jul 26, 2013
We finally settled on a plaster company to re-plaster our pool so now I am trying to decide if I want to replace the waterline tiles. We currently have blue 2 x 2 which are ok but they have some calcium build up that would need to be cleaned/blasted off so I am tempted to do new tile just to update the look a little when we do the plaster.

Any opinions on the glass tile in the link below? I am reading through some old threads trying to figure out the pros and cons of glass tile but my main question is, is it ok to use this tile from Floor and Decor or is it only acceptable to use tile from one of the pool tile distributors? What would be the difference in the product? Since I am working straight with the plaster guy I don't have a builder to help me figure this stuff out and/or order what we need.

Blue Mix Square Polished Glass Mosaic - 12 x 12 - 913101950 | Floor and Decor

We did the tile when we refinished the interior and are super happy with the results. We originally wanted small tiles but our PB talked us out of that due to the amount of grout they require. We ended up using 6"x6" tile that looks great with the coping pavers that we used.

Now that I don't have leaking grout work around my tiles, I've had to figure out how to drain the pool when it rains, something we've never had to do before!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.