Kitchen Gadgets You Love

My electric pressure cooker..don't worry about forgetting to lay something out for dinner....from frozen to perfect in 45 minutes..just add everything into the pot and serve it up....much faster than Beaver Clever's mom :thequeen::thequeen::thequeen:

Most definitely!!!

I discovered that I liked my Irish corned beef & cabbage dinner just as much from the pressure cooker as o did from the all-day slow braise in the oven. I even corned my own brisket last year and cooked it up in the pressure cooker. It works really well since I am the only one in the house that will eat corned beef (wife & kids despise it generally) so I can buy a little one at the store and easily cook it without impacting anyone else’s meal. Frozen chicken nuggets for them, corned beef dinner with all the fixin’s for me :pth:

Instapot is just an electric pressure cooker. We've had one for years.

I know. We have a Cuisinart electric pressure cooker that does have various cooking options like browning and sautéing. It’s a few years old. The Instant Pot maker just created a fancier looking unit with some catchy marketing buzz and a fun recipe book. Not quite the Juicero of electric cookers but pretty close.

Then there’s this - Instant Pot® Explosion Lawsuit | Instant Pot Lawyer, Attorney :shock:

Re:  Kitchen Gadgets You Love

Attempted the poaching this morning. Results -

View attachment 72635

View attachment 72636

View attachment 72637

The eggs needed a bit more cook time (or, more water in the base) than the instructions indicated. I was, however, using store bought eggs straight from the fridge so the eggs were cold. I bet if one uses fresh egg that are unrefrigerated, it probably more closely matches their water levels. Sadly, I had no English muffins, Canadian bacon and Hollandaise sauce BUT the eggs came out good.

Eggcellent work!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.