Next project - pool equipment pad and replumb

I have no ladder but the cheap ones are usually made with low grade steel components that will corrode in saline water. I would consider upgrading the ladder to one that is compatible with salt. With that, a newer ladder might have something better than tennis balls.

Concrete .... what, you suddenly lost your fervor for DIY slab demolition & replacement?? Nothing says “pass the Motrin please” like a good ole jackhammer rental.....

Seriously, if the concrete is deteriorating then putting something on over it is going to be just a temporary fix. I’d give anything you put on it a few years at best before the deck is falling apart again. Maybe live with for a while longer while you save up the dough to do a proper renovation...in the meantime, you could power wash it, clean it up and paint it to better hold it together. Just add some “shark grip” to the paint or sealer to make it non-slip.

good news... a magnet doesn't stick to the ladder... so it must be stainless. guess I just need to find rubber feet for it

- - - Updated - - -

and I guess the correct terminology is "ladder bumper"

There are many grades of non-magnetic stainless steel, not all of them are corrosion resistant. Only 316/316L stainless will be adequate for a saltwater environment. Also, the fasteners holding the legs on are often very cheap steel screws that likely corrode.

Does it have any markings on it from the manufacturer? That would help to identify it.

There are many grades of non-magnetic stainless steel, not all of them are corrosion resistant. Only 316/316L stainless will be adequate for a saltwater environment. Also, the fasteners holding the legs on are often very cheap steel screws that likely corrode.

Does it have any markings on it from the manufacturer? That would help to identify it.

I can’t find any mfg markings... but the bolts are also non-magnetic. I’m going to let it go and watch for corrosion. It is a 1.7”” OD tube, which seems to be non-normal. Most bumpers I could find were for 1.9””

I have something odd going on with my OCLT testing... my FC total is actually going UP by ~1ppm overnight. This has happened twice.

Two days ago, the FC was low in the evening, so I added a jug of 10%. I waited about an hour and then tested. The following morning, the FC was 1.5ppm higher than the previous night. I assumed that this could occur because the chlorine wasn't fully incorporated when I tested.

I repeated the exercise last night. When we went to bed, the FC measured 13.5. This morning, it measured 14.5.

So, I'm going to say that the OCLT is passed... but I don't understand why it is going up overnight. Any ideas?

I would agree that you’re at the end of the SLAM. I’d let the FC return to normal then give your robot it’s maiden voyage....like all ships on their maiden voyage, make sure you drink all of the champagne in the bottle first :cheers:

I would agree that you’re at the end of the SLAM. I’d let the FC return to normal then give your robot it’s maiden voyage....like all ships on their maiden voyage, make sure you drink all of the champagne in the bottle first :cheers:

Roger that on the champagne!

I was thinking I’d go ahead and add more stabilizer now... since I need it up higher for the SWG anyway.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’ve still been running my pump 24/7 at 2000 RPM... adding cya via the sock method, so I want to get it all in.

The pollen though is clogging up my filter rapidly. Filter pressure was almost doubled (about 10psi from the 5psi after backflush) in two days. Discharge water is completely yellow.

Backflushed again yesterday (one day later). Already up to 7.5 again.

Should I continue 24/7 pump operation while the pollen is high? Recommended RPM?

Let me give you an idea of how much pollen we’ve got here...

My footprint in the pollen on the deck...
93b253ef8e34b49e2e7f8e3ca587b487.jpg

The cat’s been laying on the hot tub cover...
0bb4c3002ae37aa7790215f78da4c12f.jpg

You can actually see where I’ve driven through it in the driveway.

We call that "Tuesday morning" here in the desert....silt & dust is just something we live with. Keep the pump running, change the hairnets and get the robot in that pool with the fine filter going....should be neat to see what you suck up.

Nice sparkly pool by the way....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.