Hot tub not heating on low speed like it should

Jan 16, 2018
North Bay
I have a Marquis hot tub with a Balboa heater.

Decided to drain the hot tub on a warmer day as it was cloudy and time to do so.

Had no issues with the hot tub before this day and never had issues when draining before as well

Turn off the power at the breaker. After draining the hot tub with a pump I started to fill it (some cold and some hot).

When I turned on the power the tub was approx. 3/4 full and I got an HFL message or something similar.

Turned off until filled and tried again.

No errors after that but the heater with only work on high speed, got in the other day and notice that the jets are not as strong as they were before I drained it.

Lights come on saying it is heating on low speed but does not heat up at all (on low speed)

check for air lock at heater, removed filter which was good, even ran without (new one in now)

If I set the temp below what the hot tub is reading the heat light will go off, set it above and it will light up

Is it as sensor issue or maybe an air lock at the pump?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hello jnorman72 and welcome to TFP! :wave: I see you haven't received a reply to your first post, so at the very least I wanted to welcome you to the forum. As the season begins to pick-up we should see more activity that may help answer your question. Feel free to reply to this thread as much as needed to keep it moving and active. Have a nice day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.