Ho, Ho, Ho....Santa wants to know!

My pool just got a replacement air warmer for the dome blower...which Santa absolutely did not plan on ;)

In fact, Santa may be in the house right now drinking scotch, pressing the naughty button, and taking me off his list...

Building out cabinets and a workbench in my garage (aka, mini-man-cave) so I can finally store all my stuff and not have my garage look like Sanford & Sons front yard....I even splurged for a rotating 5-1/2” bench vise to go with the 2” thick x 8ft butcher block workbench.

Momma’s getting a treadmill for our bedroom.

Children will be lucky if they get broccoli & underwear at the rate they’re getting on my nerves :rant:

My wife asked for an elliptical and I told her she can have whatever she wants as long as it gets used...It got used all right. I had that thing sold the next day

Its as if I have a window into your future:

View attachment 71519

Actually, this will the second go around for treadmill....the first time we got one it was an absolute disaster. Delivered in the dead of night, 2 months to get an installer to set it up, dead out of the crate, multiple service visits to get it working, never ran once, full refund BUT the company abandoned it and left it to us to dispose of. 6 months on Craig’s List gathering dust in my garage and someone finally came to haul it away for scrap metal. After many years of weekly therapy sessions and heavy beer consumption, I’m willing to attempt a second try....:crazy:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, sorry Matt, I was deliberately leading you down the dome path ;)

There ARE downsides to a dome, in northern climes anyway. LIKE the now imminent heater repair that is critical in these temps. The rollout thermal switch just blew this am...but can't see that the fuse is melted or any obstruction so my guess is a backdraft or gas supply problem. I don't dare change it myself and possibly cloak a problem to rear its head the 2 days I'll be gone at Xmas, so I'll have to beg to get the pool co out. The guy I like is headed to Key West, so this may become an adventure ;)

At a minimum, add a SW switch to Santa's list...

You know that you can go outside and walk for free, right?

Public nudity laws being what they are prevent me from exercising in my preferred state of being....apparently the psychological harm on the general public is deemed too great....

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, sorry Matt, I was deliberately leading you down the dome path ;)

There ARE downsides to a dome, in northern climes anyway. LIKE the now imminent heater repair that is critical in these temps. The rollout thermal switch just blew this am...but can't see that the fuse is melted or any obstruction so my guess is a backdraft or gas supply problem. I don't dare change it myself and possibly cloak a problem to rear its head the 2 days I'll be gone at Xmas, so I'll have to beg to get the pool co out. The guy I like is headed to Key West, so this may become an adventure ;)

At a minimum, add a SW switch to Santa's list...

I suspect Santa wears a good pair of grease-stained mechanic’s overalls and drags along his Snap On tool set with him when he visits your house....

I hope your Dome is back to full operational capacity soon ;)

- - - Updated - - -

And the view actually changes!

Rock, dirt patch, mesquite tree, horse paddock, rock, dirt patch, mesquite tree, paddock, ....

Gets kind of boring after a 1/4 mile or so.

LIKE the now imminent heater repair that is critical in these temps. The rollout thermal switch just blew this am...

A new heater is still on my pool's Santa list. I realized this week that I'm officially procrastinating.

Santa delivered an early pool gift this wkd. Friends came for a pool party with one of these:

y4mXZVjhhrQeuL2YyuJlNUPorjPsyCe5pOhOo4yYJbjNmbL5zjsQfAdTUUVLoxN1hyfPzBnWHtg4JqwHD6lFGPPb7MnoSMZRSA3eda9NjnHGjvibD1JaQNxt66fr6fFvFJ0Qbq4NlIQ5Q-_sk5mAIqBCkyOhBcpMfo0ASBiwZiNJoj3vLeDaMJWfiNmxsKrahuUtrqtDCc9qHaaPDkDz9f0BQ

Last night I huddled in the shallow end near the return to enjoy what warm water the heater can produce, and I ran the boat until the batteries died. I didn't feel much like an adult, but I'm proud to say that I can now send her across the pool at full speed, stop, pivot and stern-in to the boathouse, ahem, skimmer regardless of the "current".

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.